Welcome to GSC!
At Geriatric Specialty Care of Reno, we're expanding our model for caring for seniors that provides high-quality, comprehensive in-home healthcare services to seniors all across Northern Nevada. From private residences and long-term care to assisted living facilities, our team of nurses, physicians, advanced practice providers, and care providers visit patients where they’re most comfortable—creating a seamless, convenient, and personalized process for seniors and their caretakers.
As the Engagement Specialist, you are instrumental as the front-line personnel and integral in timely and effective communications with employees, providers, patients, families, and other outside agencies. You are the initial contact (telephonically or in person at the front desk) for our organization. You may be assigned multiple responsibilities that encompass reception, health information management, health assessment outreach, and new patient enrollment.
What You’ll Do
- Greets and assists all front office individuals and entities, including, but not limited to, checking in/out patients and scheduling follow-up appointments
- Movement of medical records, including retrieving past medical records, health plan audits, and individual requests
- Updates all electronic record platforms with patient changes and status for insurance, demographics, and those no longer with practice
- Completes Health Assessment Outreach on designated population and schedules appointments
- Prepares and coordinates delivery of supplies for clinic sites
- First line personnel for new patient screening for home-based versus clinic setting
- Ensures New Patient Packet is complete with all necessary information, including verifying insurance and eligibility, and data entry of new patient packet
- Liaison between organization and patient/family/facility for new patient enrollment activities
- Maintains communication between Engagement Team and Primary Care Team regarding new patient enrollment
- Follows up on all admissions (acute, skilled, rehab) and notifies primary care team of discharge date
- Checks in and check out all Home-Based Primary Care and clinic setting
- Maintains and updates community resource database
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with all health insurance plans, specifically Hometown Health Senior Care and Prominence, used within GSC.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Why You’ll Love Us
- We’re a smart, heart-centered, low-ego group motivated to make waves in the lives of seniors and the healthcare industry.
- We’re solving complex, vital problems that affect real people and need bright, focused, driven minds like yours to help us achieve our goals.
- We empower team members to act like owners and have designed a learning-focused environment where you get ongoing support and regular feedback to help you grow.
- We host social events to celebrate wins, mark team member milestones and let go by having fun.
Benefits Designed for You and Yours
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- 401K retirement plan
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off
- Paid sick days
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Professional/personal development annual allowance
It’s required that all employees receive the COVID-19 and flu vaccines before their first day of work.
Geriatric Specialty Care is an equal opportunity employer — we aim to recruit, hire, develop, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.