Pine Gate Renewables is seeking a Director of Civil Engineering to develop and lead PGR’s civil engineering department. The Director of Civil Engineering will impact the overall company growth strategies, advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have a distinguished record of department and project management. They will be recognized as an authority in the field of civil engineering.
What You'll Do
- Developing the civil engineering department and managing department hiring processes.
- Forecasting civil engineering bandwidth needs based on project pipeline.
- Managing work schedules, allocating resources, and overseeing day to day operations of the civil engineering department.
- Creating civil engineering department standard operating procedures, specifications, and scopes of work.
- Managing civil permitting processes and maintain a permitting compliance requirement database across multiple local, state, and federal permitting agencies.
- Performing QAQC for civil engineering deliverables.
- Developing strategic relationships with 3rd party engineering firms.
- Overseeing due diligence on the civil engineering impact and feasibility of project sites.
- Designing and recommending improvements to computer-aided design (CAD) software drawings standards and details.
- Developing civil engineering material take-offs and cost estimation tools and templates.
- Inspecting completed projects for compliance with industry codes, specifications, and safety standards.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience working as a senior civil engineer or manager.
- Proficiency in civil engineering project design and management software.
- In-depth knowledge of civil engineering, permitting, and construction specifications, standards, and codes.
- Leadership, management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving environment.
- Availability to perform construction site visits when relevant.
- Must have relevant industry experience for consideration.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering
- State-licensed and certified civil engineer
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel may be required