Pine Gate Renewables is seeking an EPC Accountant that is excited about working in a dynamic environment in the renewable energy industry. This role will be responsible for all accounting functions, specifically for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction department. You will work closely with multiple departments to ensure project costs are being accurately captured. You should like working in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage multiple priorities, and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented environment. This position may be out of our Charlotte or Asheville office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prepare monthly AIA applications for construction draws along with providing any back up documentation required by the lender and investors. Consult with procurement and project manager to establish all invoices have been received to include on draw.
- Assemble and analyze job costs reports tracking budget vs actual expenses to determine the anticipated final cost of a project. This will require conducting monthly meetings with Project Managers and PM Assistants along with Procurement and Logistics to discuss the project’s progression and identify any cost discrepancies
- Review and approve all purchase requisitions for correct budget item codes, project name and ensure quote matches the requisition amount
- Request and track lien waivers
- Enter approved budgets, sales orders and subcontract agreements in accounting software
- Record draw receivables and communicate receipt to EPC AP
- Assist corporate accounting with audit and cost certification inquiries
- Support EPC AP with any invoice issues during processing and resolutions
- Work with Project Finance during financial closings to provide any EPC accounting related requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Experience in the construction industry required; solar experience a plus
- Bachelors in Accounting/Finance
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good record-keeping
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.