Our Legal Team are true business partners providing the legal expertise needed to develop large-scale solar projects throughout the United States. This role requires extensive knowledge and experience with renewable energy project development and finance. You will be an expert in utility-scale solar projects and tax equity structures. If you find renewable energy exciting and have the experience below, we want to speak with you. This position can be remote or at one of our North Carolina offices.
- Support our teams on renewable energy finance transactions with a focus on solar projects.
- Assist business teams in negotiating and drafting associated transaction documents such as MIPAs, utility offtake agreements, finance documents (including sponsor equity, tax equity, and construction and term debt), Requests for Proposals (RFP), and other contract documents with timely delivery.
- Provide a first level review of various contracts, agreements and other legal documents under supervisions of General Counsel.
- Ensure quality, clarity and consistency across all legal documentation.
- On a limited basis, conduct legal research on various legal topics to create memorandum with recommendations and summarize findings.
- US-credentialed law degree.
- At least five (5) years of experience working on legal aspects of renewable energy project development and finance (or similar) within a top-tier law firm or corporate legal department of a renewable energy company.
- Particular experience on utility-scale solar energy projects, including tax equity structures, preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated success in drafting, reviewing and negotiating solar project contracts.
- Expert knowledge of legal and contractual issues governing solar energy projects.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with external stakeholders such as contractors, lenders and investors.
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing utility scale solar projects throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.