Pine Gate is building its regulatory and government affairs function and needs your help to monitor existing and potential future energy policy developments in wholesale markets. You will establish and oversee implementation of strategies to directly influence and formulate policy and legislative/advocacy strategies at the state level across the region. Ideally you will have strategic thinking and strong negotiation skills and the ability to resolve differences, build relationships and achieve targeted results.
The role may work in the D.C. area, Virginia or North Carolina but will be requested to join the management team in Asheville periodically if working elsewhere. Travel to D.C., PJM meetings, and regional state capitols and will also be required as part of the normal course of business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establish and implement policy strategies in relation to energy policy in wholesale markets & the PJM region
- Monitor and report on PJM, FERC and state policy developments, and develop approaches to allow the business to adapt to ever changing policy development
- Collaborate with regional team members and other departments to support the regional lead and executive team and to understand markets as they relate to policy development
- Promote PGR’s interests as they relate to the energy policy evolution in the PJM region
- Advise PGR management on the impact of energy policy developments in the region to the business
- Influence energy policy developments through direct contacts, networking and industry organizations
- Participate in filings, comments, and legislative committees, regulatory bodies
- Maintain relationships with other energy policy professionals within the NGO community and in government
- Coordinate closely with the other teams within the business to effectively manage and influence policy positions and outcomes; Federal Policy, Legal, Communications, etc.
- Assist with due diligence related to M&A activities and commercial transactions
ABOUT YOU (AT A MINIMUM)
- 3-7 years of public policy or legislative advocacy experience, including at least 2 years at the state level
- Strong political acuity, as well as knowledge of power and environmental markets, specifically within PJM
- Experience working with trade associations, coalitions, and outside consultants as well as an internal team of professionals
- Experience working with legislators, regulators, stakeholders and industry advocacy groups
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Political Science or related; Master’s degree related to energy and/or policy is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with legislative and government advocacy
- Strong relationships and extensive network with other energy policy and environmental stakeholders will be highly valued
- Willingness to travel, estimated between 30% and 50% depending on location
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.