Our Regulatory Team are thought leaders in energy regulatory law and work to secure the adoption of state and federal energy policies that facilitate the development of utility-scale solar facilities. This role requires extensive knowledge and experience with renewable energy policy and policymaking, including integrated resource planning, ISO/RTO policies, FERC and state PUC proceedings, and PURPA. You will help us stay updated and shape regulatory and legislative policies affecting the solar industry generally and our business in particular.
If you find renewable energy exciting and have good familiarity with legal issues affecting the solar industry at the state, regional, and national levels, we want to speak with you.
This position can be remote in the DC Metro Area or at one of our North Carolina offices.
SUCCESS FACTORS (FIRST 12 MONTHS)
- Strategic Regulatory Expertise & Engagement: Work independently and as part of a team to develop and implement legal and regulatory strategies for advancing PGR’s commercial interests across the country.
- Track key regulatory developments and lobbying activities affecting the solar industry.
- Evaluate pending legislation which may have impact on the company and prepare timely recommendations for PGR leadership.
- Regulatory Representation: Work closely with PGR leadership on engagements before federal and state legislative and regulatory bodies and other related constituencies. Manage outside counsel representation in regulatory proceedings.
- Regulatory Involvement: You are a key figure with membership organizations and regulators. You represent PGR, either in its own name or through trade associations, in state, regional, and federal regulatory proceedings.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- J.D. with 3+ years of relevant regulatory experience
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues affecting the solar industry
- Specific experience working on IRPs, RTO/ISO policy, FERC proceedings and/or PURPA preferred
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.