The Logistics Coordinator supports the successful construction of solar projects through planning and execution of the delivery cycle for components necessary for construction.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Oversee the post-purchase life cycle of solar components
- Monitor and manage shipment activity including shipment tracing, receipt, and invoicing
- Manage large volumes of critical information through reviewing, updating, and maintaining databases
- Maintain accurate history and data records for the support of all ongoing metrics and analytics
- Manage multiple competing projects to deliver successful results
- Work closely with vendors, project managers, procurement, and field staff to ensure timely delivery of products and provide efficient communication to support construction needs
- Handle routine questions and problems and maintain open communication with other departments throughout the receiving cycle
- Proactively manage on-time performance, inventory and quality with vendors.
- Collect, analyze, and present data in accurate and concise formats to provide the highest level of service for both internal and external customers.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve shipping inaccuracies.
- Interpret data on logistics elements, such as availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic sourcing or distribution, supplier management, or transportation.
- Provide reconciliation of site deliveries to delivery documentation and report on activity
- Direct complex logistics functions for multimillion-dollar
- Maintain and distribute delivery schedules and other supply chain activities.
- Experience in the solar industry preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, supply chain or related field.
- 3 years of proven experience in the supply chain, purchasing, planning, logistics industry
- High degree of detail orientation.
- Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency and advanced knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and logistics programs are essential
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting, scheduling, routing
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize large-picture projects and foresee challenges and needs to be addressed
- Proven skill in problem solving
- Strong organizational, analytical, and mathematical skills
- Experienced and successful in running multiple logistics projects at various stages simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, and make decisions in fast-paced and ever-changing settings; strong attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy; superior time management and organizational abilities
- Project management skills