The Site Superintendent is responsible for construction project execution of small to large scale utility solar projects. The Site Superintendent must be proactive to prevent potential problems and work toward mitigation of any issues impacting Safety, Construction, Schedule and Cost. The Site Superintendent reports to the Construction Project Manager and is responsible for keeping the project team up to date on operating sites.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Ensure project reporting requirements are followed.
- Assure all permit requirements are followed properly and conduct inspections with the AHJ.
- Follow and ensure compliance with the Site Safety Plan.
- Communicate with the Project team; Project Manager, Construction Manager, all Sub-contractors, the Utility and QA/QC personnel as needed.
- Conduct Plan of Day (POD) meetings onsite daily with contractors.
- Work with internal teams including project development, engineering, finance, accounting, legal and field level construction managers to execute projects.
- Conduct job walks to maintain quality control and strong relationships with subcontractors and project team members.
- Assist the Construction Manager with resolution of specific issues and requests as needed.
- Manage and understand contractors’ SOW.
- Ensure contractors are meeting PGR safety & quality standards and are regularly conducting related QA/QC inspections and reporting.
- Update reports daily on Procore while on site with the following information:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Solar experience not required but preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in commercial construction or managing utility scale solar projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate expectations, goals and concerns to subcontractors and project management team members.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong work ethic, a high degree of detail orientation, and an extreme sense of urgency.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMAND
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 50 pounds.
- Position requires travel up to 100% of the time.
- Position requires travel by car and working remote.
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.