What we’re building
Every company needs to keep track of its finances, and most hire a bookkeeping firm to help do so. But there's no Stripe, Gusto, or Google Apps of this world—no clear best-in-class firm that everyone uses because it delivers a service of unmatched quality and integrates with the tools and workflows to run your business as it grows. Pilot is building a first-of-its-kind, software-centric solution to tackle the financial back office (including bookkeeping, tax, CFO, etc.) so that founders and business owners don't have to.
Our approach is to use software to automate as much of the heavy lifting as possible and giving those software superpowers to a team of finance experts. This means that our customers, business owners, can focus on the reasons they started their businesses in the first place, instead of worrying about whether their bookkeeping is being done well.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help build the future of the financial back office.
- Owning and delivering on company-level business objectives
- Working closely with stakeholders to define a cohesive product strategy and roadmap
- Translating ambiguous or complex ideas into clear, executable projects
- Deeply understanding and elevate the voices of our users
- Collaborating with Design, Engineering, and Operations to craft magical product experiences that delight our users
- Combining qualitative research with quantitative analysis to inform product decisions
- Owning and driving the product lifecycle from ideation through implementation and launch
Our ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of product management experience, and can additionally demonstrate the following:
- Strong track record of delivering business results
- Structured problem solver and expert at prioritization
- Excited to work in every part of the PM craft from setting a strategy to crafting individual features
- Connected to the PM network and excited to help recruit future PMs
Our 35-person Product, Engineering, and Design org is divided into three teams, each with their own missions and charters. This is a highly collaborative environment, including deep partnerships with our operations teams on delivery our financial services, and our sales and marketing teams to explore demand in new markets and for new products.
Overall, Pilot is 150 people split across our San Francisco and Nashville offices. Our Product, Engineering, and Design teams are located in San Francisco, and our SF office is located right next to the Montgomery Street BART stop — though right now we are all working from home. We are currently only considering candidates who will live in the San Francisco Bay Area post-COVID.
Our seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox), and our engineering managers have a breadth of experience at companies of varying sizes. We invest in managers via peer mentorship and forums that meet at least quarterly across all functions.
We offer competitive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) program.
At Pilot, we are enthusiastically pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. However, we do encourage applicants of all backgrounds and identities to apply.
Pilot also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.