Boston-based company Piaggio Fast Forward Inc. (PFF) was founded in 2015 by the Piaggio Group (the Italian manufacturer that created the iconic Vespa scooter). We are on a mission to build technology products that move the way that people move. In order to bring products to market today, PFF is solving the problem of robotic interaction with people in dynamically changing environments. We’re innovators, neighbors and creators with a passion for local living and pushing the limits on urban transportation. We support a sustainable mobility ecology with healthy lifestyles and social connectivity available to all, regardless of age or abilities.
Piaggio Fast Forward is looking for a full stack engineer with a history of delivering engaging web applications, deep understanding of software development principles, and strong experience with backend development. You’ll be part of a software development team that is working directly with designers, system architects and a devops team. Responsibilities will include working with our program manager to bridge the gap between physical hardware and web based tools. You will focus on designing and implementing scalable, cloud-based applications and services.
- Research, present, and use the best technologies to add features to our products
- Work with a team of similarly motivated developers to deliver features for mobile consumer applications and build backend server infrastructure to support them
- Be involved in all aspects of the design, architecture and development process, and supporting a large number of deployed devices
- Influence and drive software development best practices for the team and organization
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within the organization
- Implement applications in an effective and scalable way
- Mentor your team through pair programming, productive code reviews, and participation in technical discussions
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good coding practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing, and review practices
- 5+ years of experience developing and delivering cloud deployed web applications deployed on AWS, Azure, or similar
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, software engineering or related discipline
- Proven record of building and maintaining a large scale web application using Node.js in a secure fashion
- Strong experience with working with databases, such as MongoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, or Redis
- Strong CS fundamentals such as algorithmic complexity, OO vs Functional design, and a desire to build maintainable code with automated testing and code coverage tools
- Experience with Unix-like shells
- Proficiency in front end technologies such as AngularJS, React, and Vue.js
- Experience with container and configuration management technologies such as Docker
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Intrinsically motivated and enjoy exploring new ideas in pursuit of the best solution to a challenge
- Proactive team player, with exceptional time and people management skills
- Experience with supporting large scale IoT deployments or automotive cloud deployments a plus
- Experience with Github, Confluence & JIRA is a plus
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.
Commitment to Diversity
We strive to create a workforce that embraces every culture, language, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, background and experience. PFF has multiple DEI programs in place for our employees; including a mentorship program, regular pay equity audits, DEI training, and a standardized interviewing framework that is focused on "culture add". These programs support an equitable and inclusive workplace, that promote the growth, retention, and recruiting of women and BIPOC in the workplace.
Note: Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed we encourage you to apply. Think of it more as looking for some of the items listed, not all.