Piaggio Fast Forward is hiring a detail-oriented and organized Shipping/Receiving Clerk. You will be responsible for collaborating with internal customers to ship and receive any product or material requested, as well as unloading packages and checking their contents to ensure they match the orders. The Shipping/Receiving Clerk’s goal will be to ensure the accuracy of received material for production and stocking material in the appropriate locations. This is a great opportunity for someone to join our growing team as we bring gita®, our first product, to market!
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Manager and/or Buyer to list expected deliveries.
- Receive shipments and sign paperwork upon receipt.
- Coordinate deliveries.
- Unload shipments from truck as needed.
- Inspect packages for damage, collect packing slips to ensure accuracy of shipment.
- Follow up with vendors and suppliers regarding inaccuracies, damaged goods, and shipments delays.
- Sort, label, and place parts in their designated place.
- Enter deliveries information in the system, including packing slips, partial shipments. Work with AP to resolve discrepancies.
- Deliver incoming material to ‘Quarantine’ area and support inspectors in distribution of the material.
- Pack products and prepare for safe shipment.
- Create shipments of product or material accommodating internal requests.
- Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements.
- Proven experience as shipping and/or receiving clerk or similar position
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Understanding of health and safety regulations
- Basic math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and keen eye for detail
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs occasionally
- High school diploma
Nice to have:
- Dangerous Goods Shipping certification (DOT and IATA)
- Forklift license and experience operating one
- Experience with NetSuite