Permutive is looking for an empathetic and ambitious Technical Recruiter to join the Talent team.
We're currently 130+ people based in the UK, US, and Europe. Our Engineering & Product team is currently 40+ people strong and set to at least double over the next year, with a focus on Functional Programming Engineers (Scala, Haskell, Elm), Product Managers, DevOps, and Engineering Leadership.
We're really proud of where the team is so far, over the last 2 years we have built a function that no longer relies on external agencies for any of our engineering or product roles. To continue with this and to maintain our rapid growth and high standards of candidate experience, we would love to hear from a Technical Recruiter who thrives on sourcing creatively and building diverse candidate pipelines.
You will join an existing Talent team of 4, report to the Talent Lead, and have the support, and guidance alongside the VP of People & Talent, Go-To-Market Recruiter and work extremely closely with a Talent Coordinator.
The Talent Team is distributed across London and NYC. We are working remotely until February 2022 and expect this role to be UK-based. The ideal candidate will be in a position to attend the office in-person for at least one week each quarter from February onwards.
In your first six months, you will…
- Work directly with our CTO, VP Product, Engineering Managers, and Technical Leaders to manage the full-cycle recruiting process.
- Take direct ownership of the candidate pipelines for these teams, using your own creative experience and creativity to build a diverse pool of qualified candidates.
- Continually strive to create a delightful, inclusive candidate experience.
- Consistently screen all applications for these teams: assessing resumes and initial qualifying calls.
- Maintain and ensure a high standard of compliance with our ATS (Greenhouse) so that we can have pipeline visibility and track the metrics we care most about.
- Develop a deep understanding of Permutive’s culture, product, ambitions, and needs; you’ll use this knowledge to craft compelling messaging for potential candidates.
- Develop strong, mutually supportive relationships with our hiring managers to understand what we need for each role and ensure that we’re fully aligned on how best to assess this.
- Continually improve and share our best practices, including training and coaching the hiring managers and interviewers that you work with.
The guiding principles of our Talent Team...
- We maintain and promote a candidate-first mindset at all times.
- Inclusivity over exclusivity. Humility and empathy are our default states.
- Quality is more important than speed, speed is more important than cost.
The set of skills and experience you will bring to our team are…
- Experience in building diverse candidate pipelines for Software Engineers and Product Managers.
- A creative approach to sourcing, with a proven network in the technical space.
- An empathetic and inclusive candidate-first attitude.
- Impeccable organisational and scheduling skills.
- Adaptability, and opinions about how to best attract a diverse pool of high-calibre candidates.
- Direct experience working in a rapid growth environment.
- A pragmatic, helpful approach to working effectively with multiple hiring managers.
- A profound desire to shape a modern approach to recruitment, backed with real data and visible results.
We would be particularly excited if you...
- Have had success hiring for niche technical roles in the functional programming space.
- Are actively involved in the technical community (organised and/or hosted events).
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process.
For a candidate who meets our criteria, we are expecting to pay between £60,000 and £80,000 base + share options.
- Stock options
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of £2,400 which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme from day one
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
How we are responding to COVID-19
We have a presence in London and New York. Permutive is a remote first company committed to working from home for all Permutive employees until February 2022. We have invested significant time and budget into ensuring that everyone is suitably equipped to manage this time period. Our guiding principle behind any decision we make will always be the health and well-being of our employees. In February 2022, we will continue to be a remote first company, and all employees will have optional access to in-person collaboration space in NYC and London.