Permutive is looking for a Service Operations Lead or Manager to join our Support team. Someone with strong troubleshooting skills who is an empathetic problem solver and can work with our Support Operations team to take ownership of customer needs.
You'll be joining Permutive's Support team, engaging with our user base and improving their customer experience by providing quick and sound responses to queries and issues. As a Customer Support lead, you'll also contribute to and support products that transform the way publishers make money and help to transform the way engineering builds software on the edge.
The Service Operations team work directly with our customers across the globe. We aim to delight our most important users with friendly and personalised support while gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. You'll work closely with every part of the organisation including Product, Engineering and Customer Success to help scale Permutive globally.
- Be the primary escalation point for the Service Operations team
- Provide QA and feedback to the team on their work
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the team by sharing knowledge through mentorship and collaboration
- Aid with the continuous improvement of Service Operations (responsible for meeting SLAs, writing documentation) and be part of a team that is a key stakeholder for our product and engineering teams in driving our roadmap
- Triage incoming requests and spot trends in customer issues to flag for the wider team
- Work with the product development team to test new features and bug fixes and surface meaningful customer feedback
- Drive and help shape our support processes within the company, working with Technical Operations (L2) and other members of the Service Operations team
- Train our customers and internal teams on product features and best practices
Our hiring process
We believe three things are important in a hiring process: what we ask you to do during an interview will be as close as possible to what we would ask you to do as part of your job; to provide you with open, honest feedback throughout the process; and to be respectful of your time. As such, our process is:
- A 20-minute phone interview with our Service Operations Lead or Head of Support, where we'll talk a little about Permutive and the role we're hiring for and you'll talk about yourself, your experience and technology
- A ~2.5-hour on-site interview, where you'll spend:
- The first hour with our Service Operations Lead, talking about your experience and understanding how you'd fit into our team
- Second, you'll spend an hour with our Head of Support understanding how you'd fit into our wider team
- Thirdly, you'll spend 30 minutes in a cultural fit interview with a team member outside of support
- If successful you’ll meet with our VP of Customer Success, for about 30 minutes. At this point, if it's appropriate, we'll make an offer
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who:
- Is a natural leader and enjoys supporting and developing others
- Has a lucid, well-formed communication style (on the phone and in writing), with an impulse to listen and be empathetic first, and an ability to be firm and assertive when necessary.
- Can articulate complex thoughts. One moment you may be having a technical discussion with an engineer about the product implications of a new feature, before quickly moving on to working directly with a non-technical customer to fix a problem. The ideal candidate will be able to articulate their solution and ideas in each scenario.
- Manages time and prioritises efficiently. Things move quickly in this environment and you must be able to adapt to new information and re-prioritise accordingly.
- Is self-aware and adaptable in changing environments.
- Has great operational awareness. A sense of the big picture in any organisation they inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how they can help team members navigate best within the big picture
We'd particularly love to hear from you if you also have:
- Experience in customer support for a B2B SaaS company or in a dynamic startup environment
- Experience in the AdTech or MarTech space
- Experience in SaaS support
- Experience writing customer-facing articles or support content
For a candidate with experience in a similar position and field, who meets several of our bonus criteria, we’d pay between £60,000 - £80,000+ options.