Permutive is looking for a motivated and ambitious lawyer to join us as our in-house Legal Counsel. You are someone who is excited by the challenges that come with building a disruptive business and working at a high growth company.
You will be our first point of contact for all things Legal. This is a broad role requiring a thorough understanding of Permutive's multifaceted business and oversight over various legal work-streams, including sales and marketing (commercial contracts primarily), operations, corporate, employment, privacy and data protection, and Intellectual Property. Our work is cutting edge, revolutionary and always evolving so you will continuously assess and advise the teams on legal issues using a creative and pragmatic approach. You will work closely with and report to our Finance Director and have high interaction with all levels of the organisation.
You will spend most of your time...
- Managing, drafting, negotiating and executing commercial contracts
- Providing coaching and guidance to our sales, marketing and operations teams on processes, compliance, regulation and new legislation changes
- Owning responsibility for corporate legal matters, Intellectual Property matters, as well as privacy and data protection
- Providing company secretarial support, ensuring all statutory matters and filings are handled swiftly and efficiently
Success in this role means...
- Significantly reduced reliance on external counsel
- All contracts are processed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Privacy risks to the business are thoroughly understood and subsequently reduced
- This is a sole legal counsel position. As the business expands, we will invest in the growth of our legal function, therefore in time, a General Counsel position is inevitable.
Our ideal Legal Counsel...
- Is qualified to practice law in the United States, ideally New York
- Has experience working in a rapid growth company
- Is someone who excels at communicating complex issues to business leaders succinctly and persuasively
- Has a working knowledge of data privacy issues
- Brings proven experience with Employment, Technology and Intellectual Property law
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process.
For a candidate who meets our criteria, we are expecting to pay between $140,000 and $160,000 base + options.
- Stock options (you'll own a piece of the pie)
- Health & dental is covered 100% for Permutive employees and 75% for dependents
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- 401(k) plan
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
How we are responding to COVID-19
We have a presence in London and New York. At the beginning of March 2020 we made the decision to move to working from home for all Permutive employees until 2022. We have invested significant time and budget into ensuring that everyone is suitably equipped to manage this time period. Our guiding principle behind any decision we make will always be the health and well-being of our employees.