The kind of person we're looking for:
A talented, user-centric and detailed oriented front-end software engineer and team manager with at least 5 years of experience in an equivalent position. You will be responsible for leading your Agile development team that is responsible for maintaining, improving and developing features for our web portal, as well as contributing to all aspects of the product development and release cycle. You are a great front end developer yourself with a talent for managing a team. You must be happy to work in a highly team-oriented environment where collaboration between developers, designers and our product team is common. You will report directly to the Director Software Engineering and work closely with your peer team managers.
Our company has an open, relaxed, and friendly environment where jokes and silliness are common, yet we’re serious about the work we do. We fully expect the same from you. Our organizational structure is pretty flat so you’ll be given a fair amount of latitude with, and responsibility for your own time.
The kind of stuff you'll be doing:
- Lead the Agile Development team
- Contribute to improve our engineering standards and Agile processes to bring excellence to the Front end team
- Work side-by-side with the Product team to best understand the needs of our customers and to create a priority ordered backlog of new work, maintenance work and security improvements.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features and products
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js in an Agile environment process
- Work on the progressive redesign and on the maintenance of existing solutions
- Assist with building estimates and review pull requests
The kind of skills and experience you'll need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to clearly articulate questions and create design specifications
- Facility with version control systems (Git preferred)
- 5+ years experience in a front-end development role
- 2+ years experience as a team manager
The extra stuff that would be nice:
- Knowledge in Lift and JSP
- Back-end experience in Java and Scala
- Medical -- Choose from 3 Medical Plans (PPO, HMO, and High-Deductible)
- Dental - Select from 2 Dental plans, including adult Orthodontics
- Vision – 1 plan available
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- 401K with generous company match; 2-year vesting
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous PTO
- One paid charity day
For information on our benefits, see here.