You’ll use your experience building performant user-focused web applications to help implement the tools that allow our users to design their own event pages and greeting cards. You will work with React, Redux, and NextJS to build a robust platform for helping those users share and manage their events with a range of functionality covering email, SMS, and app notifications. Your contributions will make a meaningful impact to a complex consumer product and be used by millions of users.
A little bit about us
The PP Engineering team, a highly collaborative group of developers and technologists, is charged with building and refining a consumer-facing product that millions of people interact with each month. Our individual feature teams each focus on a unique piece of the user experience and are made up of engineers, product managers, QA, and product designers. We prioritize creativity and continuing education, and our ongoing commitment to quality code shows in our pragmatic but brave approach to technology.
What you’ll do here
- Maintain and implement a web-based editor and suite of tools for dynamic webpage creation, used by our users and in-house content team.
- Support the unification of our two products, Cards and Flyer, into a single technology stack
- Maintain and implement features of our host management platform, including software for direct messaging, contact/guest management, and more.
- Contribute to a React (NextJS) and GraphQL codebase that is peer-reviewed and part of our continuous deployment pipeline.
- Actively participate in developing useful API contracts between Front End and Back End
- Coordinate between technical leads on best practices and align on implementation strategies.
- Work closely with Product Management and Product Design to communicate new feature designs to other members of the team.
- Work closely with stakeholders on the team to arrive at the priorities and requirements the team will proceed with.
What you bring to the table
- Experience and confidence working with modern Front End development practices.
- Experience working in and shipping features inside an established, complex codebase
- Ability to lead projects and feature development from definition through implementation
- Ability to communicate complex concepts with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proficient in building consensus among collaborators and peers
- Exposure to full-stack development preferred, including some familiarity in designing APIs, working with databases, and monitoring application performance.
- Experience in Node.js, Ruby on Rails, or Go are all pluses.
Company-wide, we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn't supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post has helped over 175 million people globally connect in the real world since our inception. Paperless Post exists to help all people celebrate all the moments that matter to them. We believe that having a team reflective of the diverse world around us empowers us to create a product that serves everyone. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The compensation range for this role is $120K - $190K USD.
At Paperless Post, compensation is based on a number of factors, including geographic location, job-related skills, years of experience, and internal team banding. All full-time offer packages come with a base salary, equity component, and options for fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits.