Paperless Parts provides the manufacturing industry with a SaaS platform that empowers the next generation of manufacturers to join the digital age. When manufacturers use our product, they free up valuable time for faster quoting and estimating, leading to increased profitability and reduced manual steps. From life-saving medical devices to critical components that unlock new depths of outer space, our customers produce parts that go into some of the world’s coolest and most impactful products. It is our mission to enable manufacturers with the technology they need to drive innovation forward.
We are a team of motivated and hardworking creators and doers. If you’re looking to have a direct impact on a Series B fast-scaling company that is revolutionizing an essential industry, read on and apply!
Due to the nature of our business and interaction with external clients, Paperless Parts has a COVID-19 vaccination and booster mandate. (Unvaccinated persons may request medical or religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis). This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and require US Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
Who are we:
From small local businesses to large multinational corporations, when manufacturers use Paperless Parts, they free up valuable time to focus on what is truly important to them. Our customers spend more time with their families, expand their businesses, invest in sustainable practices, and grow as a result of new opportunities. We’re a passionate team that believes manufacturing is a vital component of our everyday lives and the backbone of our economy. We’re dedicated to providing this invaluable industry with a cloud-native platform that empowers the next generation of manufacturers to join the digital age. From life-saving medical devices to critical components that unlock new depths of outer space, our customers produce parts that go into some of the world’s coolest and most impactful products. Without manufacturing, many new ideas never become a reality. Our mission is to enable manufacturers with the technology they need to drive innovation – and our world – forward.
Paperless Parts is a team of motivated and hardworking creators and doers. If you’re looking to have a direct impact on a fast-scaling company that is revolutionizing an entire industry, read on and apply!
Due to the nature of our business and interaction with external clients, Paperless Parts has a COVID-19 vaccination mandate. (Unvaccinated persons may request medical or religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis).
Paperless Parts is building a world-class Presales team whose mission is to gain a deep understanding of our prospects’ needs and align our solutions to help them achieve their goals.
As a Sales Engineer, you will use your technical expertise and product knowledge to support Account Executives throughout the sales cycle in closing new business. Your goal is to sell Paperless Parts by displaying your understanding of each prospect’s unique pain points and demonstrating exactly how our product solves them.
This is a full-time position based in either Boston, MA, or San Diego, California. This role will report to the Director of Presales Engineering.
Who you are:
You are passionate about selling solutions in a way that leads to successful customer outcomes. You are a skilled communicator who believes in the value of our product and is honest about its limitations. You love to learn and are open to giving and receiving feedback. You have the knowledge and ability to “go deep,” technically-speaking, but have the wisdom to lead interactions with simplicity first.
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and require US Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Attending calls with prospective customers
- Conducting technical discovery to uncover clients’ pain points
- Preparing and delivering highly-tailored product demonstrations (including custom part demos) that show your deep understanding of the client’s challenges and how our solutions map to them
- Answering technical questions related to the software and how it fits into the prospect’s existing ecosystem (i.e. hosting, security, integrations, etc.)
- Building and maintaining demo environments
- Collaborating with other internal teams such as Product Management and Services
- Working on internal projects and conducting training sessions as needed
- As part of the Paperless Parts team, furthering the company-wide DEI & social impact initiatives
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- At least 1 year of experience as a SaaS Sales Engineer or Solutions Consultant (we recognize companies may use different terminology to refer to the same type of role - please let us know in your application if this is the case)
- Curiosity, strong listening skills, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- A positive approach to work and commitment to continuous growth through feedback and coaching
- Technical aptitude and ability to absorb new concepts quickly
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is preferred but not required
- Willingness to travel up to 25% to customer locations or to industry events such as trade shows
What are the perks that come with this role?
- The product and industries we serve are continuously evolving, and there will always be something new to learn.
- Opportunity to be a founding member of a newly established team
- Your peers and your manager want you to be successful - we will celebrate your wins and help you learn from your losses
- Career progression within Presales or in other areas of the business
- Generous benefits package - more information below
Paperless Parts Life
Culture: At Paperless Parts, we value intentionality, persistence and relationships. We live and breathe these values every day. As a fast-growing company, we’re continually improving what we’ve built while still building from the ground up.
Boston Office: Our office is full of energy; people regularly collaborate to solve complex problems. We recognize that people work well in different environments and have intentionally designed our office to provide collaborative spaces and quiet focus areas. We operate on a hot desk system which is when employees can grab any available desk on a first-come, first-serve basis. Our height-adjustable desks are set up with additional monitors, and employees are provided with the latest Apple technology to support productivity. Because we value the safety of our team, all employees and guests must be fully vaccinated to enter our office.
Our headquarters is located in downtown Boston, MA, across the street from Faneuil Hall and easily accessible to most transit routes (Red/Blue/Orange/Green Line) or a 10-minute walk from both South and North Station.
Encinitas Office: Our California office is our newest office which seats about 15 hardworking BDRs and Account Executives individuals. The office has an open floor plan with several conference rooms to encourage collaboration with your colleagues in California and TV's to connect with those sitting in Boston or remotely. The office comes stocked with snacks, coffee and regularly catered meals. The office is walking distance from Downtown Encinitas, the Coaster train stop, and tons of restaurants, bars, and activities on the 101.
Benefits: We value you and your family. With this in mind, full-time employees are provided:
100% coverage of health, dental, and vision for you and your dependent
Competitive pay and equity
13+ paid holidays
Work from home and hybrid flexibility
Company-sponsored wellness stipend/free gym membership
Company-sponsored life, disability, and voluntary life insurance
Pre-tax Commuter and FSA/Dependent Care FSA
Employee recognition program
Paperless Parts is committed to cultivating an equitable, inclusive, and supportive environment for all employees. We believe this environment creates a safe space for employees to share their experiences, brainstorm ideas, and grow their careers. Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.