As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Panther Labs, you will be responsible for scaling our testing and automation capabilities, ensuring our customers experience a resilient, quality product as we continue to scale. You will be embedded in an EPD (Engineering, Product and Design team), working directly with an Engineering Manager, Product Manager, Designer and set of Frontend and Backend Developers, owning an area of the product, and working towards a shared set of outcomes and goals.
Panther is a cybersecurity company with the mission of detecting and responding to security breaches at a cloud-scale. The company was founded by security practitioners that lived through the challenge of protecting large organizations and wanted to build a solution that many teams could use. Panther solves modern security challenges with detection-as-code, a cloud-native architecture, and robust security data lake. Panther’s platform, used by many industry leaders, enables security teams to focus on security, detect attacks, and protect their organizations without prohibitive overhead or excessive operational costs.
Backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Innovation Endeavors, and S28 Capital, Panther has raised $20M and is quickly accelerating its mission and employee-base across the United States and Greece. Panther’s customers include industry leading technology companies such as GitLab, Coinbase, and Dropbox, and the company was recently named #4 on EnterpriseTech30’s startup list of important technology companies to watch!
Panther is a remote-first company with a culture of flexibility, written documentation, open company communication, and collaboration. Our values guide our every move: Customer First, Seek to Understand, Relentless Prioritization, Be an Owner, Move Fast and Iterate, and Open and Transparent. We believe that by building a diverse group of remote individuals, we can push forward our mission and create a rewarding, inclusive, and fun work environment for our entire team.
- Measure and improve our automated test coverage, optimizing for reduction of risk and customer impact. This includes unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end (E2E) tests.
- Identify and develop tests that focus on end-to-end customer scenarios; achieve this by becoming intimately familiar with customer use cases and workflows
- Develop strategies and objectives for improving quality, through automation and frameworks for building, testing and deploying our product
- Reduce manual testing by designing, developing and implementing automation, frameworks and infrastructure that enables engineers to develop features, fix bugs, and write tests, quickly and safely
- Partner closely with product management and other engineers as we develop new product features, to ensure that we meet quality and performance standards
- Collaborate on postmortems to identify improvements in areas of testing and release
- Anticipate and develop for new challenges by actively collaborating with other engineers during design and implementation phases of new features
- Improve product quality across our platform
- BS/MS in computer science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient with Typescript, or rapidly able to learn Typescript, as this is the language used to write Cypress.io tests
- Proficient with Golang, or rapidly able to learn Golang, as this is used for our backend services and tests
- Experience with a modern testing framework such as Cypress or Puppeteer
- Experience working with CI/CD
- Experience working within a cloud environment such as AWS
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (when in-person events come back!)
- Annual company off-sites in awesome locations (when traveling comes back!)
Panther labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of: race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.