As a Senior Engineering Manager at Panther Labs, you will be responsible for leading and managing our engineering team in Greece, reporting into our VP of Engineering in the United States. Your team will be responsible for new features and enhancements in our flagship product. You will play a critical role in ensuring the delivery of high-quality, sustainable code that results in an amazing and reliable experience for our customers. You will get to operate with your team in a modern cloud architecture that utilizes technologies such as React, Typescript, GraphQL and Golang microservices.
Panther is a cybersecurity company with the mission of detecting and responding to security breaches at a cloud-scale. The company was founded by security practitioners that lived through the challenge of protecting large organizations and wanted to build a solution that many teams could use. Panther solves modern security challenges with detection-as-code, a cloud-native architecture, and robust security data lake. Panther’s platform, used by many industry leaders, enables security teams to focus on security, detect attacks, and protect their organizations without prohibitive overhead or excessive operational costs.
Backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Innovation Endeavors, and S28 Capital, Panther has raised $20M and is quickly accelerating its mission and employee-base across the United States and Greece. Panther’s customers include industry leading technology companies such as GitLab, Coinbase, and Dropbox, and the company was recently named #4 on EnterpriseTech30’s startup list of important technology companies to watch!
Panther is a remote-first company with a culture of flexibility, written documentation, open company communication, and collaboration. Our values guide our every move: Customer First, Seek to Understand, Relentless Prioritization, Be an Owner, Move Fast and Iterate, and Open and Transparent. We believe that by building a diverse group of remote individuals, we can push forward our mission and create a rewarding, inclusive, and fun work environment for our entire team.
You will be responsible for:
- Growing and evolving the team through individual mentorship, hiring, and using your managerial and technical expertise to level-up the team
- Partnering closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and leads across the company to define your team’s vision and roadmap
- Leading and participating in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization and company
- Contributing to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Panther’s engineering management team
- Ensuring engineering deliverables are delivered on time, to specification, with an emphasis on quality
- 4+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience managing engineers with different disciplines (frontend, backend, platform), with an understanding of different goals, stakeholders and challenges
- Experience owning user-facing product features and internal platform features
- Experience with owning all aspects of people management and development
- Experience leading people, teams, and projects, multiple times, in different contexts
- Experience with resolving interpersonal and technical conflict within and outside the team
- Experience with managing technical uncertainty and ambiguity
- Experience with building effective relationships with stakeholders across the company
- Experience with contributing to strategic direction, roadmaps, and processes
- Experience with building teams and owning the recruiting lifecycle
- Experience with AWS and modern technologies such as React, TypeScript, GraphQL, Golang, and/or Serverless technologies
Nice to haves
- Experience with data processing systems and data pipelines
- Experience at a venture-backed SaaS company
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Latest tech equipment & budget for your customized tech needs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance monthly stipend
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (remote or in-person)
- Annual company off-sites in awesome locations (when traveling comes back!)
Panther labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of: race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.