As a Senior Data Analytics Engineer at Panther Labs, you will be responsible for the development of the Panther security datalake implementation. The Panther data processing architecture is a novel orchestration of AWS serverless technologies that processes security data into a centralized datalake enabling security related questions to be answered at extreme scale. Your role will be to develop serverless processes to extend Panther’s analytics capabilities in areas such as intelligent search, data enrichment and behavioral detections.
Panther is a cybersecurity company with the mission of detecting and responding to security breaches at a cloud-scale. The company was founded by security practitioners that lived through the challenge of protecting large organizations and wanted to build a solution that many teams could use. Panther solves modern security challenges with detection-as-code, a cloud-native architecture, and robust security data lake. Panther’s platform, used by many industry leaders, enables security teams to focus on security, detect attacks, and protect their organizations without prohibitive overhead or excessive operational costs.
Backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Innovation Endeavors, and S28 Capital, Panther has raised $20M and is quickly accelerating its mission and employee-base across the United States and Greece. Panther’s customers include industry leading technology companies such as GitLab, Coinbase, and Dropbox, and the company was recently named #4 on EnterpriseTech30’s startup list of important technology companies to watch!
Panther is a remote-first company with a culture of flexibility, written documentation, open company communication, and collaboration. Our values guide our every move: Customer First, Seek to Understand, Relentless Prioritization, Be an Owner, Move Fast and Iterate, and Open and Transparent. We believe that by building a diverse group of remote individuals, we can push forward our mission and create a rewarding, inclusive, and fun work environment for our entire team.
- Design efficient processes for data enrichment and summarization for very large datasets.
- Collaborate with the data processing team on data related components (e.g., schema design)
- Collaborate with with the user interface team on data related features
- Implement APIs for access and control of data related components (e.g., develop a backend API for the Panther user interface to use for a data related feature such as search)
- Test and tune data lake performance.
- Develop tools to administer and manage objects such as databases, schemas, and roles in Snowflake.
- 10+ years of experience in software development of database/datalake related technologies
- 10+ years of experience in software development using a major language (C++, Java, Scala, Golang, Python)
- SQL proficiency
- Experience tuning and optimizing databases and data pipelines
- Preferred Snowflake proficiency
- Preferred Golang proficiency
- Preferred Python proficiency
- Preferred GraphQL profic
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Latest tech equipment & budget for your customized tech needs
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (remote or in-person)
- Annual company off-sites in awesome locations (when traveling comes back!)
Panther labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of: race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.