Help Shape the Future of Finance
Pagaya is a financial technology company working to reshape the lending marketplace, for investors, by using machine learning, big data analytics, and sophisticated AI-driven risk analysis. With its current focus on consumer credit and real assets, PAGAYA’s proprietary suite of solutions and pipelines to banks, fin-tech lenders and others was created to actively find greater value for institutional investors. PAGAYA’s models create additional value to that pipeline as well, by increasing liquidity and, in turn, increasing opportunities for access to credit.
We move fast and smart, identifying opportunities and building end-to-end solutions from AI models and unique data sources to new business partnerships and financial structures. Every PAGAYA team member is solving new challenges every day in a culture based on collaboration and community. We all make an impact regardless of title or position.
The company was founded in 2016 by seasoned finance and technology professionals, and we are now 400+ strong in New York, Tel Aviv, and LA. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams—people you can be proud to work with!
- Continuous Learning: It’s okay to not know something yet, but have the desire to grow and improve.
- Win for all: We exist to make sure all participants in the system win, which in turn helps Pagaya win.
- Debate and commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit to it fully.
- The Pagaya way: Use first principles thinking to support our needs, but is unique to Pagaya.
About the Role
- Financial reports and reconciliations
- Monitor and maintain Pagaya’s insurance company’s financial activity, performances and completeness
- Prepare professional daily and periodical reports and management recommendations
- Daily management of cash and trades processes of Pagaya’s insurance operation
- Suggest improvement of processes by implementing changes and automation
- Learn and understand the business and suggest optimization processes
- Support ongoing data analysis requests by means of python coding running on big data sets
- Evaluate, drive and operationalize Pagaya’s insurance group and reinsurers
- Gain a wide knowledge of Pagaya’s operational business and technological activities in order to add value to the company’s investment game plan and operational strategy.
- Help create structured processes that will enable the insurance group financial game plan
- A./ M.A / MBA graduate (accounting, economics, finance, mathematics or similar) with an exceptional academic track record.
- Great analytical skills
- Proven experience analyzing and delivering materials at a high level, identifying definitions and driving solutions and mitigations
- Proven experience in financial modeling, financial structuring or financial business planning of mid to large scale companies
- Advanced Excel skillset
- Ability to work in high pace environment and getting things done
- Ability to independently learn new subjects
- Good communication skills – ability to communicate complex subjects to different audiences, making them engaged and driving delivery
- Details oriented and meticulous
- High level of English (verbal and written)
- Experience in the field of insurance
- Experience in international accounting or consulting firm
- Experience creating and presenting quantitative reports in English (written and in a spreadsheet)
- Experience analyzing data using Python / SQL
- International work or studies experience
- Knowledge and experience in financial auditing
- Experience in the fintech or other relevant data-driven companies.