Help Shape the Future of Finance
Pagaya is a financial technology company working to reshape the lending marketplace, for investors, by using machine learning, big data analytics, and sophisticated AI-driven risk analysis. With its current focus on consumer credit and real assets, PAGAYA’s proprietary suite of solutions and pipelines to banks, fin-tech lenders and others was created to actively find greater value for institutional investors. PAGAYA’s models create additional value to that pipeline as well, by increasing liquidity and, in turn, increasing opportunities for access to credit.
We move fast and smart, identifying opportunities and building end-to-end solutions from AI models and unique data sources to new business partnerships and financial structures. Every PAGAYA team member is solving new challenges every day in a culture based on collaboration and community. We all make an impact regardless of title or position.
The company was founded in 2016 by seasoned finance and technology professionals, and we are now 400+ strong in New York, Tel Aviv, and LA. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams—people you can be proud to work with!
- Continuous Learning: It’s okay to not know something yet, but have the desire to grow and improve.
- Win for all: We exist to make sure all participants in the system win, which in turn helps Pagaya win.
- Debate and commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit to it fully.
The Pagaya way: Use first principles thinking to support our needs, but is unique to Pagaya.
We're looking for excellent engineers to join our Research team. If you love to tackle hard problems, you grasp algorithms quickly, you are enthusiastic about big data, you always think of the team and you are fun to work with - join us!
- You will design solutions for the company’s core mission using Data Science methodologies from various domains.
- You will work in a short life-cycle research and development environment.
- You will generate and test working hypotheses in unexplored territory.
- You will be in charge of extracting knowledge and explaining phenomena within datasets, and design and implement these notions into data pipelines in the company.
- You will learn and integrate new technologies and extend them to allow us to execute data science tasks at scale.
- You will take part in developing and assessing new cutting edge algorithms based on various Machine Learning techniques.
- Excellent programming skills (Python - advantage)
- 3 years of experience in programming
- Courage to tackle complex problems
- Analytical capability to learn fast and grasp complicated concepts
- Experience with distributed computing
- Scientific BSc (preferably computer science)
- Background in data-science / research - advantage
- You will apply your scientific knowledge to analyze and collect data, identify problems, devise solutions and construct methodologies.
- You will develop machine learning and deep learning models for time series and tabular data.
- You will collaborate with other scientists, engineers, designers and analysts all over the world.
- You will work in a supportive environment in one of the best companies in Israel- You will participate in the cutting-edge and relevant research in unsupervised learning, causal inference, reinforcement learning, and other areas and will publish research papers in prestigious conferences.
Nice to have
- Knowledge in data-science technologies, such as:
- SageMaker, Dask / Spark, MLFlow / Trains, Prefect / Luigi / AirFlow, DVC, pyarrow