Help Shape the Future of Finance
Pagaya is a financial technology company working to reshape the lending marketplace, for investors, by using machine learning, big data analytics, and sophisticated AI-driven risk analysis. With its current focus on consumer credit and real assets, PAGAYA’s proprietary suite of solutions and pipelines to banks, fin-tech lenders and others was created to actively find greater value for institutional investors. PAGAYA’s models create additional value to that pipeline as well, by increasing liquidity and, in turn, increasing opportunities for access to credit.
We move fast and smart, identifying opportunities and building end-to-end solutions from AI models and unique data sources to new business partnerships and financial structures. Every PAGAYA team member is solving new challenges every day in a culture based on collaboration and community. We all make an impact regardless of title or position.
The company was founded in 2016 by seasoned finance and technology professionals, and we are now 400+ strong in New York, Tel Aviv, and LA. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams—people you can be proud to work with!
- Continuous Learning: It’s okay to not know something yet, but have the desire to grow and improve.
- Win for all: We exist to make sure all participants in the system win, which in turn helps Pagaya win.
- Debate and commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit to it fully.
- Ownership over an entire research field, translating business needs into data-science questions, and leading a group of researchers in finding solutions.
- Shape group strategy, spot risks, and prioritizing opportunities
- Create structures, systems, and organizations that allow researchers to be most effective
- Recruit and mentor new researchers, identifying talent gaps and the people required to fill them
- Communicate the impact of existing research and potential of future research directions to the company’s core mission using data-science methodologies from various domains
- Work towards long-term ambitious research goals while identifying intermediate milestones
- Become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value
- Research new technologies and adapt them for use in the company’s product
5+ years of prior experience in Algorithms / Machine Learning/ Artificial Intelligence
Prior management experience - Directly managing a group and/or team(s) of 10+ employees
At least 2 years of experience leading multiple layers of teams
Experience directly managing across different research methodologies
Technical degree MSc or PhD
Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
Proficient in Python and the Data Science Stack.
- Knowledge in some of the following can be an advantage: predictive modeling, optimization, risk, and finance.
Track record of translating research into business impact
Experience working with a variety of cross-functional peers and stakeholders (e.g., product managers, data scientists, designers, engineers, policy, communications, marketing)