Ozow provides easy, fast, and secure payment solutions for everyone. From QR codes, point of sale, eCommerce, e-billing, peer-to-peer payments, and everything in between, Ozow helps millions of businesses and consumers to pay and get paid.
We’re addressing real needs.
We’re a hyper-scaling fintech. With our latest $48m Series B funding round led by Tencent, we are able to do even more. But we can’t do this alone.
This is why you’re reading this. We’re on the lookout for innovative, problem-solving, big thinkers to come on board!
More About This Ozow Fantastic Position
As the Head of Regulatory and Payment Operations at Ozow, you will support all compliance and regulatory issues related to Ozow's business and operations. You will help maintain oversight and FSI engagement for Ozow.
You will help be tasked with enabling business growth while serving as a gatekeeper to prevent regulatory, legal, and reputational harm while simultaneously growing relationships across the FSI.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 8+ years' experience in payments
- 5years banking/financial services and/or technology industry experience
- Experience of negotiating commercial and other agreements within the FSI
- Worked in product centric environments
- A relevant tertiary degree
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance of Ozow´s operations with laws and regulations.
- Collaborating across all teams to ensure proper communication with regulators and maintaining relations with authorities exercising supervision over company operations.
- Supporting various regulatory and statutory engagements and Initiatives.
- Supporting various product initiatives and commercial contracts
- Supporting pricing initiatives
- Ensuring best practice within payments operations
- Representing Ozow on various regulatory and industry body groups and forums
- Helping maintain and oversee good, overall internal governance.
Your skills and competencies:
- Excellent communicator. You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. You let others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints.
- Flexible/ adaptable. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change. Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Follow-through on commitments. You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost. You are action oriented.
- High standards. You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Problem solving. You are able to solve problems by analysing situations and applying critical thinking in order to resolve problem. You are able to decide on courses of action and implement the solutions developed in order to overcome problems and constraints.
- Team player. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish and overall collaborative working relationship.
- Step One: Our Talent Team will carefully review your application in line with the job description.
- Step Two: If there is a match, we will set up a 30 minute, remote interview with our Chief Legal Officer.
- Step Three: We will send an assessment for you to showcase your skills.
- Step Four: There will be a second interview with our Chief Operations Officer, who will work closely with you in this role.
- Step Five: Our CEO/Chief People Officer will meet with you remotely before finalising the hiring process.
Location of the position:
This position is based in Cape Town or Johannesburg.
What to expect at Ozow
At Ozow, we believe that what we do matters. It’s why we’re focused on driving greater financial inclusion and closing the digital divides. For everyone.
The secret to our success? We’re fast-paced, agile, passionate, and driven. We’re also heavily dependent on collaboration, camaraderie, collective hard work and innovation.
Collectively, all of this makes up our DNA. It’s the fuel to our rocket ship.
Benefits at Ozow
We’re serious about building our people.
As part of this, Ozow offers competitive salaries, growth development programmes (including a mentorship programme), along with a wide range of other benefits.
Depending on the team you’re in, we also offer remote and hybrid work options.
To keep the team mentally and physically healthy, we run a variety of initiatives geared to making a positive difference in their lives.
We’re also committed to creating an honest, supportive, inclusive environment that celebrates our diversity of backgrounds, ideas, skill sets, and life experiences.
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!