Ozow provides easy, fast, and secure payment solutions for everyone. From QR codes, point of sale, eCommerce, e-billing, peer-to-peer payments, and everything in between, Ozow helps millions of businesses and consumers to pay and get paid.
We’re addressing real needs.
We’re a hyper-scaling fintech. With our latest $48m Series B funding round led by Tencent, we are able to do even more. But we can’t do this alone.
This is why you’re reading this. We’re on the lookout for innovative, problem-solving, big thinkers to come on board!
More about this Ozow fantastic position
The role of a Live Support Consultant exists to be the first line of support for incoming queries from Ozow Merchants and Consumers who are using Ozow to pay for goods and services. This role will be responsible for answering live support queries in an omnichannel environment and where possible solving queries, however, if required escalating to our first-level technical support teams.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A Matric or equivalent.
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 years customer service delivery in an omnichannel environment.
- A history of working in a shifted environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Highly effective organisational & administrative skills.
- Experience in dealing with Zendesk or Salesforce highly advantageous.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Handling of live support queries incoming into the support center via email, chat, telephone and any other channels.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of first level consumer queries using the knowledge base as reference.
- Escalating incoming queries to the 1st land 2nd level support team as identified and required.
- Liaising and interacting with the 1st and 2nd level support teams as required on the status of tickets and keeping stakeholders updated and informed.
- Delivering world class customer interactions that are in line with Ozow customer operations strategy expectations and commitments.
- Acting as an ambassador and positive representative of the company at all times in interactions with merchants and consumers.
- Correctly classifying and tagging tickets in Zendesk to ensure accurate trend analysis and reporting.
- Flagging of high priority incidents and contacting standby team members and following escalation processes as documented.
- Delivery of efficient and effective service, to meet productivity metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Consistently staying abreast of product and service enhancements and deployments within the company.
- Accept and adopt coaching and feedback from the leadership team in order to improve the qualitative metrics and KPI’s
- Identification and logging of merchant and consumer feedback with the relevant stakeholders
Your skills and competencies:
- Flexibility/ adaptability. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Follow-through on commitments. You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost. You focus on key priorities.
- High standards. You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Honesty/ integrity. You do not cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain confidence of your team. You do what is right, not just what is politically expedient. You speak plainly and truthfully.
- Problem solving. You are able to solve problems by analysing situations and applying critical thinking in order to resolve problem. You are able to decide on courses of action and implement the solutions developed in order to overcome problems and constraints.
- Work ethic. You possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. You have a track record of working hard.
- Step One: Our Talent Team will carefully review your application in line with the job description.
- Step Two: If there is a match, we will set up a remote, one-way interview.
- Step Three: We will send an assessment for you to showcase your skills.
- Step Four: There will be a second interview with the Head of Customer Operations and a member of the Technical Support Team, who will work closely with you in this role.
- Step Five: Our CEO/Chief People Officer will meet with you remotely before finalising the hiring process.
Location of the position:
- This position is based in our Cape Town office.
What to expect at Ozow
At Ozow, we believe that what we do matters. It’s why we’re focused on driving greater financial inclusion and closing the digital divides. For everyone.
The secret to our success? We’re fast-paced, agile, passionate, and driven. We’re also heavily dependent on collaboration, camaraderie, collective hard work and innovation.
Collectively, all of this makes up our DNA. It’s the fuel to our rocket ship.
Benefits at Ozow
We’re serious about building our people.
As part of this, Ozow offers competitive salaries, growth development programmes (including a mentorship programme), along with a wide range of other benefits.
Depending on the team you’re in, we also offer remote and hybrid work options.
To keep the team mentally and physically healthy, we run a variety of initiatives geared to making a positive difference in their lives.
We’re also committed to creating an honest, supportive, inclusive environment that celebrates our diversity of backgrounds, ideas, skill sets, and life experiences.
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!