✨ One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don't need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
The Role 👩💻
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote, and you can work from home. Forever.
To create the best experience for our new hire (you?!), this role does require that you are based within the timezone PDT + / - 3H.
Oyster is looking for a Senior Account Executive, Americas to fuel its rapid growth. This is a unique opportunity to take a greenfield territory, sell a product with incredible product market fit, and build a high-performing book of business. In this role, you will partner internally with Marketing, Legal, Finance, Account Management, and Product Specialists. Externally, you’ll build an ecosystem of lead-generating partnerships in your territory, so excellent networking and relationship-building skills are a must.
What you'll do…
- Create a GTM plan and start testing to prove financial viability in the region
- Understand the customer’s pain points as it relates to global hiring, highlighting Oyster’s differentiators, effectively demoing the product over video conference, and guiding them through the sales process
- Generate new business opportunities through a combination of outbound calls to remote-first and remote-open companies by reaching out and starting conversations with their HR and hiring functions
- Partner with Business Development Representatives to convert qualified leads into new business
- Strategically build and maintain a solid pipeline to ensure we meet our plans for growth
- Close deals professionally and efficiently, with a focus on a fantastic customer experience
- Work collaboratively with the extended sales team to develop and improve the effectiveness of our go-to-market efforts
- Utilize Salesforce to forecast revenue accurately, update customer records, and track activity across accounts and contacts
📜 What we're looking for
Oyster is looking for individuals with 4+ years of sales experience with the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- A growth mindset, viewing setbacks as opportunities to learn rather than failures
- Enthusiasm and passion for the work you do, coming across as genuine and motivated to help your customers solve their global employment challenges
- Demonstrated experience launching new market/territories and creating a successful pipeline from zero
- Full-cycle sales experience with a proven success record of closing small or mid-market SaaS and/or HR Tech deals with a recurring revenue model
- Experience with the digital tools and tactics of B2B prospecting (e.g., Sales Navigator, SalesLoft, LeadIQ, Cognism)
- Demonstrated quota attainment and the ability to talk in detail about your past sales performance as well as the experiences and lessons learned that help you manage your performance more effectively today
- Strong team-player orientation with a demonstrated contribution to the success of others you’ve worked with
- Genuine curiosity in your customers’ businesses and examples of how you’ve helped them solve problems in previous roles
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working within the HR tech space and/or selling to the HR function
- [BONUS] Passionate about remote work
🦪 How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
💌 How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you're authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we'll get you up and running in no time!
✨ The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.