Who we are at Osmo:
Osmo is a digital olfaction company, on a mission to give computers a sense of smell to improve the health and wellbeing of human life. Why? Our sense of smell both enriches and saves lives, and has a deep and direct connection to our emotions and memory. Vision and hearing have been digitized, but not scent. It’s time we solve this. We’re bringing an unprecedented combination of software, data, hardware and capital to the historic challenge of giving computers a sense of smell.
We believe in the power of automation and carefully applied AI/ML to solve problems that are beyond what the unaided human mind can tackle on its own. In the first phase of our development, we are using our map of odor along with cutting-edge generative AI to create the next generation of aroma molecules (e.g., the ingredients in the fragrances we wear and the products we use). We're a hybrid company with a laboratory and center-of-mass in Somerville, MA and New York, NY.
Osmo is hiring a technical program manager to support strategic and R&D projects at the intersection of machine learning, chemistry, and psychophysics in our NYC lab.
What will you be doing:
- Manage R&D projects in the lab, encompassing a broad spectrum of molecular chemistry, machine learning, and psychophysics problems related to olfaction.
- Collaborate closely with technical project leads, machine learning engineers, chemists, psychophysicists, and lab associates in a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment.
- Facilitate the process of bringing our first product to market, which will involve close collaboration with external parties and managing vendor relationships to ensure successful market entry.
- Prioritize and drive experiments, proactively identifying and addressing issues through Sapio Laboratory Information Management System/ Electronic Lab Notebook (LIMS/ELN) and internal tools.
- Build new processes where needed and streamline existing ones with our internal tools.
- Oversee and track material ordering requests from project teams.
What we need to see:
- 3+ years of experience in project management, resource, and effort planning.
- Strong ability to gather requirements and work across multi-disciplinary teams.
- PhD degree in a relevant scientific or technical field with lab experience.
- Interested in learning about molecular chemistry and the biology of olfaction.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Operating experience in a chemistry or biotech environment managing a pipeline
- Prior experience working at life science consultancy.
- Prior experience working with Sapio LIMS/ELN.
- Proficiency with coding for basic data analysis (SQL, Python)
Expected Salary: $140,000-$190,000