Optima Dermatology is revolutionizing skin care. We take great pride in offering convenient access to expert dermatological care and providing an exceptional experience for our patients. Our commitment and service to our patients starts with our team. We are growing rapidly and looking for key team members who believe in our mission and want to make a difference in the lives of our patients. We foster an environment that is fun and hardworking and promise you will work alongside amazing colleagues who you are proud to call your teammates.
The Patient Service Representative is responsible for scheduling patients for our practices while providing world class customer service to all callers. Provides detailed information in addition to general information regarding all practices at Optima. This role will report directly to the Patient Support Team Manager.
- Answer all incoming calls to practices and direct patients as needed
- Understand our provider preferences and schedule patients accordingly
- Perform all registration for new patients and updates registration information for established patients
- Able to identify insurance information and process verification via eligibility
- Call patients to confirm appointments at all practices
- Follows up with patient’s post-visit for future visit scheduling
- Displays in-depth knowledge of all departments at Summit
- Provides patient instructions verbally or in writing when necessary for patient to prepare for appointment
- Demonstrates effective call handling, including upset/dissatisfied customers. Appropriately identify and escalate priority issues
- Ability to manage calls in an organized manner, including trouble shooting issues and actively problem solving
- Ability to perform at high levels in listening skills and problem analysis.
- Works collaboratively with staff across service lines
- Follows all HIPAA guidelines and complies with annual training
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity towards patient/family rights
- Complies with departmental standards regarding training, professional development, communication, management of workload, and safety/emergency situations
- Ability to perform job duties at high levels using computer-based scheduling programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in a medical/healthcare environment, such as a hospital, physician office, ambulatory clinic, or healthcare call center preferred
- Call center experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including but not limited to use of proper grammar and phone etiquette
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work with a team and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent active listening skills and problem-solving ability
- Must be able to maintain composure and professionalism even during high stress situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs