From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
We are hiring a Staff Product Designer to help us shape the future. In this role, you’ll own projects end to end and build design foundations that will be iterated on. You’ll join a small team of designers and work cross-functionally, building alongside engineering, product, and governance teams.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Set design direction and own complex projects with minimal oversight
- Drive rigorous design decisions by going wide in explorations or going deep in design details
- Balance product and business goals with user needs to generate design exploration
- Participate in user research to understand the problem space and inform solutions
- Gather context and share knowledge cross-functionally, leveraging written and video communication as needed to pitch ideas
- Share the responsibility of improving the product, design, and engineering workflow; help us iterate on how we coordinate and ship
What skills do you bring?
- 5+ years of product design experience
- You thrive in ambiguity, able to translate high-level concepts to low-level operational sequencing
- You love collaborating with product and engineering to deliver clean user experiences
- You have experience iterating on and maintaining a design system
- You love diving into the details, polishing, and refining
- You are super fluent in Figma
- You are comfortable with HTML/CSS
- You are optimistic about the future of the internet and human coordination
- Bonus: You can build your own prototypes or execute on implementation
- Bonus: You have experience in web3
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.