With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
OpenTable is looking for an entrepreneurial, highly analytical, user-focused Senior Product Manager to join our Marketplace Monetization & Personalization team. Our team is responsible for optimizing our search & discovery products to maximize diner utility, restaurant value, and total marketplace revenue. We keep each of these three principles in mind when deciding which restaurants we present to diners. For restaurants that are hungry for even more diner demand, we offer them premium marketing products that deliver exceptional ROI. Our team’s charter is to deliver innovative revenue generating solutions that continuously increase the value of our marketplace for both restaurants & diners.
As a Senior Product Manager - Marketplace Dynamics, you’ll be responsible to set the strategy and lead the development team that builds the products and algorithms responsible for the real-time execution and optimization of OpenTable’s marketplace. You’ll be solving economic & pricing optimization problems at scale, making real-time decisions for our marketplace based on up-to-the-second data as well as forecasts of the future. You are building technology that ensures diner demand, restaurant supply, and marketplace pricing are dynamically in sync to deliver optimal marketplace conditions at all times.
- Setting the strategy and lead the development team that builds the products and algorithms responsible for the real time execution and optimization of OpenTable’s marketplace
- Translating dynamic pricing and behavioral economic theory into products which improve OpenTable’s marketplace for restaurants and diners
- Building engineering systems together with statistical forecasting structures for predicting the near-term state of supply and demand - these systems inform many variations of pricing decisions
- Establishing how the economic value of OpenTable’s marketplace pricing decisions connect to restaurant supply optimization decisions
- Identifying metrics and building data-focused solutions to quantify the health of OpenTable’s network and how our pricing decisions affect that level of optimality
- Testing and introducing new economic/pricing based ideas to further increase the value of our marketplace
- Influencing key strategic decisions and driving alignment with Sales and Growth teams
- Degrees in Math, Statistics, Economics, or Finance strongly preferred
- 4+ product manager experience
- Experience with dynamic pricing, supply optimization, AdTech, or large-scale engineering data systems
- Experience with AB testing, from developing testing plans to post-launch optimizations
- Product Sense - a strong product sense with an ability to envision technology solutions that address user needs and market opportunities
- Leadership – experience executing projects and partnering with cross-functional teams to drive high-quality results. Embrace the challenges that come with a fast-paced, creative, and innovative technology environment
- Communication skills – ability to abstract complex technical topics for executive and other non-technical stakeholders
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games
- Flexible hours
- Universal Paid Parental leave
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this remote United States based role is $120,000-$180,000.
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: annual cash bonus, equity grant; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.