With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the planning, scoping, design, and implementation of infrastructure improvements.
- Serve as a technical and domain expert on hybrid cloud design, implementation and ongoing operations.
- Design scalable storage solutions for persistent storage supporting a Kubernetes cluster running thousands of containers, in addition to other tiered storage systems supporting databases to backups and everything in between.
- Develop, implement, and maintain API integrations to link disparate IT infrastructure elements, such as databases, applications, and cloud services.
- Manage a blend of Windows and Linux-based corporate systems and applications through configuration management processes and tools
- Help design and implement infrastructure that improves the security, scalability and reliability of our compute and storage infrastructure
- Perform on-site and cloud infrastructure service implementations, performance analysis, optimization, logging/monitoring, and problem resolution
- Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to define priorities and set delivery goals.
- Develop single-sign-on strategies and solutions for corporate applications using Okta and OAuth/saml
- Respond to On-Call emergency, but you will be encouraged to code around common problems, to reduce the number of required call outs.
Please apply if you have:
- Proven experience in a DevOps role or related
- Minimum 3-5 years coding experience with scripting languages such as Powershell, Go, Python, Bash
- API programming experience required
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies – VMware ESX, Hyper-V, AWS, storage devices
- SSO experience required, Okta preferred, OIDC/oauth2/SAML
- Active Directory implementation and maintenance
- Extensive hands-on Windows and Linux Server experience (CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu)
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Previous network experience or network certification a plus
- Solid understanding of monitoring and logging systems such as Nagios, Sensu, Kibana, and Logstash
- AWS certifications a plus
- Good verbal communication and written documentation skills
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off a year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Focus on your career growth
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.