With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
In this role, you will:
*Remote role anywhere in the US*
We are currently seeking a Sr. District Manager for our Regional Growth South market who will be at the center of OpenTable’s sales and growth strategy. This position is responsible for managing restaurant acquisition, retention and revenue growth within their local district. They will lead a team of remote account executives and account managers to achieve individual and team goals.
The Sr. District Manager will analyze market conditions and strategically guide their team in successful territory management. They must bring an innovative perspective to overcome a variety of restaurant acquisition and retention obstacles and be willing to challenge both internal and external assumptions to achieve goals. They will lead their team through challenging customer and prospect scenarios in and out of the field. They will be the voice of the market and provide valuable feedback to other teams as we develop future strategy.
- Use data to establish a market overview and go to market strategy for the territory.
- Prepare annual forecasts for the assigned districts, including comprehensive sales and retention planning.
- Lead cross functional conversations with functions such as product, operations, customer care & success, marketing, enablement and other functions about needs and opportunities of the market.
- Interview, hire and train new sales and restaurant relations team members as needed.
- Coach, support and lead a team of Account Managers and Account Executives to exceed sales, revenue and market share targets.
- Maintain clear communication lines and a sense of camaraderie amongst the team from a distance.
- Build and grow business relationships with the most influential customers in the district.
- Stay current with organizational changes, initiatives, and vision.
- Maintain an expert level of understanding of all products and services that OpenTable offers.
- 30-50% of travel is expected.
- Combination of SaaS, Technology and Restaurant Industry experience is required
- 5+ years of relevant successful technology or professional services sales leadership experience at the C-level is required
- Proven success managing and leading a team
- Strong data, analytical and problem solving skills to help make key business decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and focus a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Aptitude to grasp and learn complex concepts quickly and independently
- Proven track record of successful sales execution, pipeline management, and delivering against goals
- Competitive, tenacious, and results-driven
- Proven negotiation and decision-making ability
- Self-motivated and able to perform well under pressure and against aggressive goals and deadlines
- Good sense of humor while working in an unstructured, fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Salesforce and other reporting tools (i.e.DAG, ThoughtSpot, Tableau, etc.)
- College degree expected, an advanced degree is a plus
- Restaurant management and/or sales experience strongly preferred
- Preferred location is Denver but open to remote applicants; must be willing to travel
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this United States located role is $110,000 - $140,000.In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: commission-based compensation; equity grant; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Please apply if:
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”