OpenTable, part of Bookings Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 28 million diners per month via online reservations across more than 51,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. The OpenTable service enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus, and other helpful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to run their reservation book, streamline their operations, and improve their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated over 1.9 billion diners around the world. OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco and has bookable restaurants in more than 20 countries, including Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, United Kingdom and the United States.Restaurants are available for reservations in Dutch, English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish languages.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Accounts, the Enterprise Account Manager handless an elite portfolio of large restaurant groups across North America. S/he assumes responsibility for the restaurant relationship after the sale and installation is completed. S/he is charged with maintaining a high client retention rate by improving customer happiness and driving deep utilization of OpenTable services. S/he will dedicatedly engage in face-to-face meetings with decision makers to consultatively deliver business reviews, provide training and education related to using OpenTable software and online marketing exposure. The position will serve as trusted advisor and primary point of contact for critical issue resolution for their respective portfolio. As an authority of their respective territory, s/he will gather feedback from restaurants to drive feature and functionality requirements for product upgrades and will assist management in devising account management plans and strategies specific to assigned territory.
OpenTable’s Sales and Restaurant Relations team is dedicated to improving restaurants’ revenue potential by utilizing best in brand front-of-house management and online reservation technology. We are looking for people who are passionate about the restaurant industry and want to feel good about the products they sell and represent. This is high-adrenaline; client-facing sales role requires deep industry expertise, tried sales and account management ability with a particular penchant for closing deals and developing relationships with our current customers and a broad base of industry contacts.
About the role:
- Cultivate and build upon existing high-level relationships to serve as a trusted advisor to Restaurant groups of 20+ locations
- Act as a liaison between clients and appropriate company departments to resolve customer issues such as accounts receivable and product
- Lead and maintain high-retention with current clients.
- Strategically overcome objections and competition.
- Provide customized product and service presentations (both in person and on line) to prospects and existing customers to determine solution needs and drive revenue.
- Encourage customers to think differently about their business and in ways that will help both parties achieve success.
- Educate restaurant about trends in the industry and offer unique insight
- Provide Enterprise Groups partners with data and reports to better run their operations
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly and quarterly retention and other goals, as assigned.
- Provide solutions to current clients in an assigned geographic area to achieve/exceed assigned revenue and retention objectives.
- Provide follow-up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with solutions. Maintain communication records & prepare productivity reports as required.
- Provide accurate documentation and feedback through wins/losses, forecasts/pipeline, references & company’s account management systems (including Salesforce).
- Remain knowledgeable of, and adapt to, company's solutions to facilitate efforts.
- Demonstrate skills and client’ experience to continually evolve account management approach and processes.
- Listen to needs of the market and share this feedback with Product and Marketing teams.
- Assist Enterprise Account Executive and Inside Sales Rep on the team as needed.
- Anticipate 30-50% travel, depending on the location.
- 8+ years account management experience or equivalent experience in a restaurant environment (management position or higher).
- Consistent track record of consultative selling and/or account management.
- Deep knowledge of restaurant operations, P&L, large group organizations
- College degree expected.
- Self-motivated with shown ability to perform well under pressure and against bold goals and deadlines.
- Skilled at presenting new points of view to customers that reframe and challenge the way they view their business.
- Extraordinary ability to drive business value during client interactions.
- Keenly tracks economic and industry drivers and understands its implications on the restaurant business, including identifying new business opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate industry knowledge to discuss restaurant issues with client from multiple dimensions.
- Excellent communication, listening, influencing and training skills. Comfortable presenting to C-Level Executives.
- Ambitious, tenacious and results driven.
- Shown ability to work across many departments to tackle problems and achieve results.
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining business/customer relationships.
- Aptitude for gathering and using data to inform and persuade others to make business decisions.
- Ability to develop compelling strategies that deliver results.
- Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills.
- Attention to detail in administrative responsibilities.
- Capacity to grasp and learn complex concepts quickly and independently.
- Shown success working in an unstructured and entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience using Salesforce or equivalent CRM solution is a plus
- PC and various software applications (including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting solutions).
- OpenTable software and/or Guest Bridge experience a plus
OpenTable is excited to offer many benefits to its employees. Those listed below highlight what a high-performing Restaurant Services Manager can expect:
- Opportunity for career advancement.
- Access to top chefs and restaurateurs in your market.
- Flexibility to work from your home office when not in the field.
- Comprehensive training at an individual, regional, and corporate level.
- Insight into standard methodologies throughout the hospitality industry.
- Exposure to hardworking, credible business leaders.
- Participation in local restaurant events.
- Engage in a company culture that encourages work hard/play hard philosophy.
- Become part of an interesting and charismatic group of sales professionals who love what they do.
- Full-time, comprehensive benefits along with an annual base salary commensurate with experience.