With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our consumer product design team! This person will work closely with a globally distributed team of product managers, product & brand designers, engineers, and data scientists to craft experiences that will significantly impact diners and restaurants worldwide.
This individual will work to create, evolve and develop new experiences for diners, while balancing the needs of our users, restaurants, and the business. The Sr. Product Designer is expected to expertly navigate the full range of a product designer’s work—from strategy and research to high-fidelity designs. On some days you’ll rapidly sketch ideas and launching experiments as A/B tests, and on others you’ll craft a vision to set a project or team up for long-term success.
Learn more about how we work at opentable.design
In this role, you will:
- Influence product strategy and translate complex workflows into elegant and accessible user experiences.
- Work through all stages of the design process, from capturing insights with user research and building and testing prototypes in front of real users to visual design, and working collaboratively with product managers and engineers to deliver a top-notch experience.
- Act as a critical thinker. When finding yourself in a debate, you can appreciate both sides of an issue while remaining kind and standing by your convictions.
- Continuously value introspection to improve yourself, your team, and your products.
- Be proactive, conceive and implement a project independently while being open to feedback and coaching.
- Communicate decisions with clarity and negotiate, prioritize, and break down design work into measurable outcomes.
- Develop a large arsenal of tools and know when to use them to deliver the right level of fidelity for design deliverables.
Please apply if you have:
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates problem-solving skills and interaction design skills through a breadth of outstanding product design work across web and mobile platforms
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems
- Comfortable interacting with data and generating hypotheses and insights, and can translate them into product opportunities
- Experience in the restaurant industry and a passion for food and dining
- Experience working on dual-market products
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience mentoring junior members of the team
And if you aren’t sure you meet all the above requirements, we’d still love to hear from you.
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected base salary range for this role in Colorado is $85,000 to $136,000. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: cash bonus; stock (RSUs); health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits. Actual compensation will be determined by experience and other factors permitted by law.
“Remote work allowed”