With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
In this role, you will:
OpenTable is looking for a hands-on leader who is technically savvy and can work well with all levels of our team - including our OpenTable customers. We believe strongly in the importance of team work and collaboration. We recognize hard work and success, and we strive to cultivate an environment of learning, development and FUN!
About The Role:
- Build and lead a team of CSRs
- Communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
- Display exceptional time management and multitasking skills
- Hold yourself accountable for your performance as well as that of your team
- Work closely with peers to discover standard methodologies
- Appropriately facilitate presentations to all audiences
- Readily have tough conversations with people while maintaining an overall positive atmosphere
- Be flexible to work various schedules based on business needs
- Start every single day with energy and passion even if it takes a few cups of coffee to get there!
- Enjoy being a team and customer advocate
- Can decipher what’s right for our customers, employees and our company, and will lobby to ensure those needs are met - even if it means digging deep to find creative solutions
- Lead by example
- Inspiring and motivating others comes naturally to you, and you enjoy seeing others succeed
- Love to solve problems
- You’re the one your family and friends call when their electronics are acting up, or when they need help getting new devices set up
- Flourish with the opportunity to continually grow and improve
- Not only receptive to feedback, but actively seek it (then look for ways to implement it)
- 2-3 years of call center supervisory experience
- Proven success with building, leading, and motivating a team
- Strong analytical and behavioral problem solving skills
- An understanding of basic computer and home networking terminology (operating systems, browsers, routers, modems, etc)
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows operating systems (client and server platforms)
- Knowledge of iOS and Apple Hardware
- Experience with support desk tools such as Salesforce, Communities, live chat, etc
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a bias towards customer service
- Strong communication skills: active listening, writing/ typing, informal communication
- Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP), networking infrastructure, switching and routing is a plus
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work.
- Mental Health Well-being: 6 company paid therapy sessions, subscription to a meditation app, wellbeing speaker series and resources.
- Annual Health and Wellness Reimbursement.
- 1 floating day off per year to celebrate your birthday or another occasion of your choice!
- Company-wide weeks off each year: the whole team recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!).
- Paid volunteer time.
- Monthly catered office events.
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- Universal Paid Parental leave.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.