Senior People Partner, Restaurant Sales & Services
As a Senior People Partner you are a senior member of the People & Culture Team at OpenTable, providing partnership and guidance to Executives and senior leaders of our Restaurant Sales & Services organization. You will provide collaboration on key global initiatives – taking ownership and accountability for a key business area for OpenTable, partnering with others in the team effectively to ensure seamless service delivery to this group.
About Our Role:
● Work as a global strategic business partner to our clients on all people related opportunities with a focus in the Restaurant Sales and Services (RSS) team. Responsible for building trust-based relationships with the executive and senior leadership team.
● Strategically partners with the business to design and deliver targeted solutions, including strategic planning, change management and team building.
● Develops team wide goals and priorities that align with business direction.
● Provides strong leadership and guidance for a team of 2 direct reports.
● Provides consultative advice and coaching to senior leaders to address complex employee relations and performance issues, including mitigating risk and managing situations that result in the best possible outcomes for the company, teams, and people.
● Partners with People & Culture colleagues globally to implement strategies that meet and exceed the company objectives and OKRs for OpenTable.
● Accountable for executing cyclical HR processes including engagement survey, performance management and merit cycle processes with the team.
● Responsible for building organizations that support growth via organizational design and planning, building accountability, and structuring ways of working and making decisions.
● Coach and mentor individuals on communication and teamwork, including providing guidance to other junior members of our own team.
● Provide expertise in development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee growth and retention efforts.
● Work closely with Total Rewards and Sales Operations team to provide compensation and commission plan guidance and support for the RSS organization.
● Work closely with leadership to resolve conflict and personal and team dynamic challenges.
● Ability to build solid trust based relationships quickly with the senior leadership team and internal People & Culture team.
● Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
● Deep knowledge of complex compensation structures.
● Ability to work independently and be proactive in a high performance, fast paced environment.
● Possess a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
● Expert knowledge of current employment legislation and proven track record of applying this knowledge to real life employee relations issues – factoring in the varying elements including personality and business appetite.
● A client service bias, meeting and anticipating client needs.
● Strong business acumen.
● Accuracy and attention to detail.
● You bring exceptional communication skills and serve as an ambassador for the People & Culture team.
● Ability to work in a fast paced environment, responsiveness and a focus on quality.
● Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
● Experience managing direct reports.
You might also have:
● Experience supporting a Sales organization and understanding of commission structures would be great but not essential.
● Experience working within the technology sector.
● Advanced IT skills with Microsoft Office suite and HR systems.
● High degree of adaptability and flexibility to change.
About Our Team
The People & Culture Team are focused on collaboration and always adding value. We aim for transparency and believe in making the HR fundamentals simple and seamless, and that means having an eye to improving our programs, processes, systems and more. We work collaboratively – a hallmark of OpenTable culture – and we are focused on weaving values, culture and engagement into the fabric of our organization.
About KAYAK and OpenTable
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has more than 40 international sites and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 12 million diners per month via online bookings across 28,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have team members in the United States, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and the UK.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.