OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 50,000+ restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable’s Restaurant Marketing team is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to drive innovation and growth for the most powerful platform in the restaurant industry. In this role, you will own a portfolio of our restaurant products, owning the business strategy and influencing the product roadmap. You will manage a small team of product marketers to bring products to market with strong positioning and messaging, and identify further areas of growth for your product domains. You will report into the Director of Product Marketing, and help drive overall product marketing excellence and growth as a team leader. You will work closely with our product, B2B marketing, sales and broader marketing teams to help grow our restaurant network and drive deeper engagement of our existing customer base of more than 50,000 restaurants.
We are looking for an experienced product marketer to deepen and scale OpenTable’s ability to solve for short term and long term restaurant needs, while delivering continued excellence in our market research, positioning and go-to-market strategies. This is a strategic role, with an opportunity to drive and influence a number of high-impact, cross-company initiatives with a high degree of ownership. You will be working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment on product planning, positioning, go-to-market and growth.
In this role, you will:
- Drive business strategy for a portfolio of our restaurant offerings, helping to prioritize innovation that will drive the greatest impact for restaurants around the globe
- Procure and synthesize marketing intelligence and customer insights, serving as a leading expert on our customers, competition and the broader restaurant technology landscape. Deliver high-quality readouts and recommendations to influence the product roadmap
- Own the positioning and messaging for a high value portfolio of OpenTable’s restaurant products, inspiring and leading broader marketing and communications teams to bring the narratives to life
- Develop and lead go-to-market strategy for major company initiatives
- Build positive relationships with collaborators across the company
- Accountable for product domain adoption and revenue growth
- Manage and develop a team of 2-3 strong product marketers, including proactively managing and adjusting overall team processes to enable excellence in execution
Please apply if:
- 5-7 years relevant work experience in Product Marketing within a B2B context. Open to management consulting, with experience oriented towards marketing and/or B2B SaaS technology
- BA/BS degree required. MBA is a plus.
- 2-3 years experience in effective people management
- Track record collaborating with and influencing product organizations
- Extensive experience in market research and deriving strategic recommendations that drive product and business growth
- Bold, entrepreneurial spirit who can build programs from scratch with a high degree of ownership to deliver measurable results
- Creative problem-solving skills with proven track record of leading scalable projects, programs and go-to-markets
- Powerful storyteller: written, verbal, and visual
- Proven experience managing and influencing cross-functional partners at multiple levels - including executives
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving “get it done” environment
- Passion and experience in the restaurant industry is of course a plus
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games
- Flexible hours
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”