At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and tens of thousands of restaurants around the world use our products. If you are excited by constantly relevant engineering processes and can deliver exceptional quality at scale in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
You’ll work on
A fast paced highly collaborative team to build out our OpenTable for Restaurants platform aimed at helping restaurants manage their daily operations from anywhere in the world on their Web devices and mobile phones. As a part of the team, you’ll collaborate with a passionate and diverse group of full-stack engineers, designers, and product managers who are committed to building beautiful, scalable, and high-value features for restaurants.
You'll be responsible for sound technical execution through hands-on development, automated testing, and prototyping of our flagship product. You will ship and support features used daily by thousands of restaurants to dynamically manage their operations, control availability, and build inventory in real time.
You are a person that loves to code across the full-stack, but have a passion for every aspect of delivering value to a customer through their web client. You are curious, passionate and constantly thinking about making code clean and better. You love to learn new things and you feel energized when you share with the people around you. You are open to new ideas and pairing sessions as opportunities to learn.
When you build software, you consider how people will use it from all angles. You take pride in carefully honing your work until it feels reliable and effortless to use.
You'll help us:
- Collaborate with other team members, teams, software engineers, product managers, delivery managers, and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Help foster a strong team culture and cultivate innovation.
- Innovate our domain model and systems to better fit our products and services
- Continuously provide mentorship and guidance to team members
You'll fit right in if:
- Good understanding of async design patterns
- Good understanding of data structures and OO design
- Good experience with modern CSS and HTML5
- You love tuning performance and making things faster
- Unit test/ TDD experience
- Experience building an automation‐focused culture, both in testing and build/deploy
- You are client-focused, react well to changes, work with teams and able to multitask on multiple products and project
- Deep knowledge in Node.js and a server framework like Express
- Experience working within a distributed SOA architecture
Optional, but major plus:
- Experience with other backend technologies such as Java and C# based web frameworks
- Proven experience designing and building Restful APIs and Microservices architecture
- Previous experience transitioning applications from Angular 1.x to React
- Web Sockets communication strategies
- Docker and container based deployment using Mesos/Kubernetes
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 25 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 45,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1.5 billion diners in over 20 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.