This position can be located in Chennai.
We are open to consider candidates for relocation.
About the Role:
We’re seeking an exceptional Senior Accountant to join our Accounting & Finance team! The Senior Accountant will support the development and growth of the Finance Center of Excellence that we are establishing in our Chennai office as well as support the financial reporting and accounting operations of our India entity.
As an Opendoor Senior Accountant you will:
- Assist with the accounting operations of our India-based subsidiary, including Record to Report, Financial Reporting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Accrual & Provisions, Transfer Pricing Revenue, and statutory filings.
- Preparation of Financial Statements as per Indian GAAP and IndAS
- Prepare monthly fluctuation explanations and present them in our close meeting.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and make sure that any outstanding items are investigated and subsequently cleared.
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation to support Opendoor’s growing finance and business operations.
- Assist with financial Statement audit & compliance and support files.
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Professional qualification in Accounting, Finance or similar subject matter
- Minimum of 5+ years of accounting experience in Accounting for an India specific entity
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment where continual process improvement is expected.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
- High bar for attention to detail and process design, documentation and improvement
- Demonstrated ability for picking up new technologies quickly and comfortably
- Strong Excel skills
Bonus Points for:
- NetSuite, Coupa or SQL experience
- Candidate on a path to become a CA, CMA / MBA
- Experience working in a SOX control environment
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.