Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
We're looking for a talented and passionate Sr.Principal Software Engineer to join a geographically distributed agile product team. Platform developers are responsible for new software application development and integration work, including modification and optimization of code with a focus on performance. This person will influence and execute the technical strategy and roadmap for platform, products, making decisions on technologies that are robust and scalable.
The Sr. Principal Software Engineer is responsible for supporting the development of modern backend coding structure that is progressive and responsive.
- Design, develop and unit test applications deployed to MS Azure and assist with cloud application architecture using Core Java, REST, and the Spring ecosystem.
- Experience in building reusable Components/Libraries.
- Achieve at least 80% code coverage for backend, or per the revised standards set by the team.
- Build quality directly into the engineering processes and solutions through automated testing and test-driven development.
- Lead and participate in the architectural design of features early in the development cycle.
- Work with Product Owners to translate the roadmap features into management components/tasks, estimate timings and resources, suggest solutions, and identify possible risk.
- Support the team to ensure all committed stories for the sprint are completed per the sprint goal.
- Code Review
- Conduct peer reviews to improve code quality.
- Help junior developers follow development testing, exploratory testing, AI testing and/or test automation.
- Own your code in production, responding to incidents as they occur and participating in retros to determine how to be better in the future.
- Work towards reducing total number of defects in the module/product to industry standards by catching and fixing issues early in development.
- Resolve all critical and high-priority security defects in-sprint, or by the guidelines set by the SecOps team.
- Help build high-performing teams, grow and mentor the technical skills within the team and create development opportunities for them.
You are someone who understands the benefits of microservices, but also understands the challenges while collaborating closely with Product Managers and Designers. You are able to accomplish multiple sophisticated software development tasks and remain engaged with the latest technology trends and understand operational challenges to continually evolve the application delivery process and platform components.
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- 12+ years of full software development lifecycle, with experience in Agile development (Scrum, XP, Pair Programming)
- Experience in building reusable Components/Libraries.
- Experience with cloud application development (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or Amazon Web Services)
- Advanced knowledge of Core Java, REST, and the Spring ecosystem, familiarity with Spring Boot or Spring Cloud.
- Highly proficient at writing robust software for large-scale web applications in a dynamic environment with rapid release cycles and web services (e.g., RESTful services)
- Proficient in using test automation framework, code quality tools and performance analysis tools.
- Experience at writing robust software for large-scale web applications in a dynamic environment with rapid release cycles
Where we Work
OneTrust embraces a hybrid working model. Our Working@ OneTrust initiative is our way of clarifying where we hire, how we work together, and where we’re located in that hybrid model.
The underlying “why” for Working@ is that we are intentional about the culture that we want to create together. That includes bringing teams together, in-person, throughout the year to collaborate, build connections, learn from each other, and celebrate our wins to Finish Stronger.
We are committed to a flexible approach informed by a set of guiding principles. You’ll see that reflected in our worker designations: “Office-flex” and “Location-flex”.
- Office-flex: Like a traditional hybrid model, OneTrust “Office-flex” employees may be asked to work in an office periodically if they are within a commutable distance to a OneTrust office. This includes coming into the office for our Company Kickoff, Company All Hands, and other larger company events. Beyond that, we give our leaders and teams the flexibility to set additional guidelines based on the nature of your role.
- Location-flex: Similar to other companies’ remote policies, for OneTrust “Location-flex" roles, you will primarily work from your home office location. However, you may be required to travel to our OneTrust offices or customer sites periodically based on the nature of your role.
Each role may have specific requirements, so we encourage you to verify the location of the role with your recruiter during your first interview.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.