Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our dynamic and collaborative Product Organization and lead the charge for developing and optimizing our platform services within our Trust Intelligence platform. As a key player in our product management team, you will be instrumental in defining the strategic direction, driving innovation, and ensuring the success of our platform services.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Product Manager to lead the development and enhancement of our Assessment Automation platform services. This platform serves as a critical component in building innovative solutions for various use cases, including privacy management, GRC, data discovery, ESG program management, consent and preferences management, and more. The ideal candidate will bring a strong background in product management, a deep understanding of assessment automation technologies, risk management platforms, and survey tools, and a passion for driving product excellence.
- Product Strategy and Vision: Define the vision and strategy for the Assessment Automation Platform, aligning with overall company goals and market trends.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Lead the end-to-end product lifecycle, from concept to launch, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality solutions.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, sales, and marketing, to drive product development and meet business objectives.
- Market Analysis: Conduct market research to identify customer needs, market trends, and competitive landscape, translating findings into actionable product strategies.
- Roadmap Development: Develop and maintain a detailed product roadmap, prioritizing features based on customer feedback, business impact, and strategic goals.
- Requirements Gathering: Work closely with customers, sales, and customer success teams to understand user needs and gather requirements for the Assessment Automation Platform.
- Usability and User Experience: Collaborate with design teams to ensure a user-friendly and intuitive experience, conducting usability testing and incorporating user feedback into product enhancements.
- Technical Understanding: Develop a deep understanding of the technical aspects of the Assessment Automation Platform, collaborating closely with the engineering team to deliver scalable and reliable solutions.
- Quality Assurance: Work with QA teams to define test plans and ensure the delivery of high-quality products.
- Analytics and Metrics: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and use analytics to measure the success of the Assessment Automation Platform, iterating based on data-driven insights.
- Customer Advocacy: Act as a customer advocate, representing their needs and ensuring that the Assessment Automation Platform addresses real-world challenges.
A subject matter expert for assessment automation and risk management platforms, who can exercise independent and sound judgement. Drives continuous improvement through effective communication, conflict resolution, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrates a keen appreciation for diverse perspectives within teams and values the input of all members.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, adept at engaging stakeholders at all levels.
- Champions a customer-centric mindset and excels in translating customer needs into actionable product development.
- Empathizes deeply with customer needs and experiences.
- Demonstrates robust organizational capabilities.
- Exhibits exemplary communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Your Experience Includes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical or business field
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in an enterprise software development environment
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Experience managing product roadmaps and document goals and themes, for more than one product in a product pipeline
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Experience planning for "end of life" in product and leading EOL processes across stakeholders
- Experience contributing to technical debt planning and automation backlog
- Recent experience using an Agile/Scrum methodology to build world class software
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to know when it's necessary to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams, and influencing conversations to drive positive outcomes for the product and the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Platform Product Management experience in a larger organization (>2,000 employees)
- Product Management experience with GRC Risk Management platforms and/or survey tools
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
Where we Work
OneTrust embraces a hybrid working model. Our Working@ OneTrust initiative is our way of clarifying where we hire, how we work together, and where we’re located in that hybrid model.
The underlying “why” for Working@ is that we are intentional about the culture that we want to create together. That includes bringing teams together, in-person, throughout the year to collaborate, build connections, learn from each other, and celebrate our wins to Finish Stronger.
We are committed to a flexible approach informed by a set of guiding principles. You’ll see that reflected in our worker designations: “Office-flex” and “Location-flex”.
- Office-flex: Like a traditional hybrid model, OneTrust “Office-flex” employees may be asked to work in an office periodically if they are within a commutable distance to a OneTrust office. This includes coming into the office for our Company Kickoff, Company All Hands, and other larger company events. Beyond that, we give our leaders and teams the flexibility to set additional guidelines based on the nature of your role.
- Location-flex: Similar to other companies’ remote policies, for OneTrust “Location-flex" roles, you will primarily work from your home office location. However, you may be required to travel to our OneTrust offices or customer sites periodically based on the nature of your role.
Each role may have specific requirements, so we encourage you to verify the location of the role with your recruiter during your first interview.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.