Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
As a principal engineer, you will be responsible for solving larger problems and taking somewhat vague problems into a set of actionable items. You will need to understand the problem, the business impact and see how it can be improved. It might require you to design new systems, change existing ones
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the software development and deployment pipeline - This includes initial software architecture and development, the continuous integration workflow, deployment of software through production.
- Design, build, document and maintain automation that powers our cloud-based product deployments and auto-scaling with zero downtime and the ability to easily rollback.
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Support application infrastructure to ensure the OneTrust platform is optimized for performance and reliability.
- Build and maintain supporting infrastructure for cloud environments through an “infrastructure as code” methodology.
- Perform and automate system administration services including installation, configuration, maintenance, and disaster recovery.
- Identify emergent issues that indicate scalability and reliability problems, working with development and operations teams to help drive solutions.
- Identify system level issues related to OS configuration and virtual hardware bottlenecks.
- Manage incident response protocol and provide hands-on direction during service interruptions - Assist with Root Cause Analysis of service interruptions and maintain SLA.
- Automation, auditing, and other tooling for security, compliance, and resource usage - Monitor and improve processes for all deployments.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze business needs to determine technical requirements. Consult with end users to prototype, refine solutions to meet needs.
- Scoping and estimate key project.
- Conduct peer reviews.
- Contribute to sprint planning and participate in daily scrums, sprint retrospectives, and sprint demos.
- Mentor other engineers to deliver quality work.
- Has mastered development best practices. Understands the limits of our systems and when a problem that exceeds those limits deserves the effort of major upgrade/retooling.
- Understands the scope and relationships of large features and production stack for their area. Has subject matter expertise on multiple components.
- Has a strong understanding of all modules/services relevant to own areas of expertise.
- Performs expert programming tasks. Handles large-scale technical debt and refactoring. Shapes coding methodologies and best practices.
- Participates in code reviews and can sign-off on large features. Can sign off on test plans.
- Given a large, poorly understood problem, can explore the solution space (possibly with numerous POCs) to determine correct course of action.
- Participates in and supports initiatives outside of main area of responsibility.
- Provides technical leadership for projects including 1–2 individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 7-10 years of experience as Software Developer, Systems Engineer, or DevOps Engineer
- Technical / project lead, architecture, and other experience desired.
- Working on Enterprise Product development with Microservice architecture
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Docker, Chef, Terraform, or an equivalent
- Hands on experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools (Jenkins or similar tools)
- Experience with cloud services (Azure, Google, or AWS)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Hands on experience with coding and scripting (Java, Python, Bash, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Strong knowledge in source code version control (git), branching, pull request and peer code review process.
- Strong distributed systems knowledge and web services design, implementation, and/or operation experience
- Software design fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and performance analysis
- Knowledge in collecting distributed logs/events and automating triggers based on events (Elastic Stack or similar)
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment, and able to adapt effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- High technical and/or technological competence
- Understands and can explain the big picture.
- Effective communication & coaching skills
- Self-directed, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks for self and their team
- Proactive, flexible, result-driven, with a “can do” attitude.
This is a hybrid role that must reside in Madrid, Spain. Relocation may be provided.
Where we Work
OneTrust embraces a hybrid working model. Our Working@ OneTrust initiative is our way of clarifying where we hire, how we work together, and where we’re located in that hybrid model.
The underlying “why” for Working@ is that we are intentional about the culture that we want to create together. That includes bringing teams together, in-person, throughout the year to collaborate, build connections, learn from each other, and celebrate our wins to Finish Stronger.
We are committed to a flexible approach informed by a set of guiding principles. You’ll see that reflected in our worker designations: “Office-flex” and “Location-flex”.
- Office-flex: Like a traditional hybrid model, OneTrust “Office-flex” employees may be asked to work in an office periodically if they are within a commutable distance to a OneTrust office. This includes coming into the office for our Company Kickoff, Company All Hands, and other larger company events. Beyond that, we give our leaders and teams the flexibility to set additional guidelines based on the nature of your role.
- Location-flex: Similar to other companies’ remote policies, for OneTrust “Location-flex" roles, you will primarily work from your home office location. However, you may be required to travel to our OneTrust offices or customer sites periodically based on the nature of your role.
Each role may have specific requirements, so we encourage you to verify the location of the role with your recruiter during your first interview.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.