Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
We’re looking for a Senior Principal Software Engineer with a passion for solving problems to join our agile Product Engineering team at OneTrust.
- As Senior Principal Software Engineer lead design and architecture for complex problems affecting multiple systems and/or third-party integrations
- Participate in strategic discussions on programs impactful for the company, help with career growth of your team members, assess other technical leaders for promotion readiness, influence other Director / VP organizations
- Has deep knowledge of entire system and design solutions to large complex features affecting multiple systems and/or third-party integrations.
- Sets product direction and has ownership over large components. Thinks both strategically and tactically, keeping in mind both technical goals and company goals.
- Given long term strategic goals, and trusted advisor from a customer perspective. Champions customer insights and provides innovative solutions to customer requests.
- Recognizes trends and industry directions and takes proactive measures to influence product and engineering roadmap.
- Build strong relationships in their own team and across the company. Understands multiple points of view and drives a process to conclusions quickly and respectfully.
- Mentor others with high-level technical guidance. Improve the company’s technical prowess.
- Put customers first and set strategic short-term targets.
- Work closely with Architecture team, DevOps team and Product Management team, as well as other developers to contribute to planning and grooming sessions and drive team’s discussions on system architecture and component design
- Support the team to ensure all committed stories for the sprint are completed per the sprint goal
A self-learner who is open to new technologies, processes, or techniques to improve your ability to deliver high-quality software. Someone who asks questions to clarify gaps in understanding.
- Bachelor's degree or above in computer science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Minimum of 10+ years of hands-on experience with Java based development projects using RESTful APIs, SpringBoot, Micro services.
- Extensive experience in building distributed and parallel data processing platforms.
- Extensive Data Engineering experience in building low-latency, high throughput Data Pipelines that power Data Lake and Data Warehouse Solutions.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures, and distributed algorithms.
- Experience with fault tolerant message queuing/brokering systems (e.g., AMQ, RabbitMQ, zeromq, Kafka)
- Experience in designing data streaming and event-based data solutions using Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, Spark or similar frameworks.
- Experience using different storage technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, CockroachDB, CouchDB
- Experience in integrating application with indexed search services such as Elasticsearch, Solr
- In-depth knowledge of system programming.
- Experience mentoring/training an engineering community on development best practices.
- Excellent leadership, verbal, and written communication skills
- Master's degree in computer science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- Expertise with running web services at scale.
- Deep understanding of system performance tradeoffs, load balancing, and engineering for high availability.
- Experience with serverless computing, Lambda functions, and cloud-based event-driven architectures.
- Experience with cloud data warehouses like Databricks, Snowflake, Synapse, Redshift, Bigquery
- Experience in building Data Governance solutions, that includes development for fine-grained policy-based access control engines and comprehensive data catalogs.
- Experience in building Policy engines on the Data Assets that ensures regulatory compliance, Data Protection and Risk controls.
- Experience building robust Data/Access Security services.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
Where we Work
OneTrust embraces a hybrid working model. Our Working@ OneTrust initiative is our way of clarifying where we hire, how we work together, and where we’re located in that hybrid model.
The underlying “why” for Working@ is that we are intentional about the culture that we want to create together. That includes bringing teams together, in-person, throughout the year to collaborate, build connections, learn from each other, and celebrate our wins to Finish Stronger.
We are committed to a flexible approach informed by a set of guiding principles. You’ll see that reflected in our worker designations: “Office-flex” and “Location-flex”.
- Office-flex: Like a traditional hybrid model, OneTrust “Office-flex” employees may be asked to work in an office periodically if they are within a commutable distance to a OneTrust office. This includes coming into the office for our Company Kickoff, Company All Hands, and other larger company events. Beyond that, we give our leaders and teams the flexibility to set additional guidelines based on the nature of your role.
- Location-flex: Similar to other companies’ remote policies, for OneTrust “Location-flex" roles, you will primarily work from your home office location. However, you may be required to travel to our OneTrust offices or customer sites periodically based on the nature of your role.
Each role may have specific requirements, so we encourage you to verify the location of the role with your recruiter during your first interview.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.