About Omidyar Network:
Established by philanthropists Pam and Pierre Omidyar, Omidyar Network is a social change venture that has committed more than $1 billion to innovative for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations since 2004. Omidyar Network works to reimagine critical systems and the ideas that govern them, and to build more inclusive and equitable societies in which individuals have the social, economic, and democratic power to thrive.
To learn more, visit www.omidyar.com, and follow on Twitter @omidyarnetwork.
We are seeking a Chief of Staff (CoS) to work closely with our Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CoS will set our executive team and board agendas, and align inputs from across the firm required to advance our firm priorities. The Chief of Staff will also lead on internal communications, actively sharing decisions, keeping colleagues updated on firm-wide and portfolio developments, and enabling a culture of connection and respect rooted in our firm values. The right candidate will be an exceptionally organized and strong communicator who is passionate about our mission, and comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Due to COVID-19, the application process for this role will be entirely virtual. While our team is currently working remotely and the Chief of Staff will likely begin this position remote as well, the role will be based in Washington, DC and we expect the candidate to be in office once health conditions allow.
- Support the CEO in executing firm priorities, working on and at times leading strategic and priority projects, along with engaging with outside funders, partners, advisers, and thinkers
- Lead internal communications, ensuring effective communication between the Board, CEO, senior leadership, and internal teams, while contributing to our cohesive and positive culture
- Lead “All Hands” meeting planning, execution, and coordination of content
- Coordinate and staff senior leadership meetings and offsites
- Work with the CEO to select external speaking and publishing engagements, and to develop, cultivate, and build ON’s external network
- Engage cross-functionally to coordinate and assist on annual planning, budgeting, performance reviews and other firm processes
- Manage firm wide performance dashboard and build visibility into overall firm calendar of activity, reporting, Board engagement, and firm wide events
- Build strong relationships to ensure effective collaboration across the organization
- 5-10 years of relevant professional experience, including stakeholder and project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, candidates with experience related to strategic communications highly desired
- Superb attention to detail, and ability to track, execute, and manage multiple work streams at once
- Ability to work cross-functionally and quickly earn trust and credibility with partners, staff, and senior leaders
- Proven ability to have direct and difficult conversations with leaders and staff at all levels of the organization
- High degree of comfort with change and ambiguity
At Omidyar Network, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our fundamental belief that people are inherently capable, but they often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to have outsized positive returns on the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Omidyar Network is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.