About Omidyar Network
Established by philanthropists Pam and Pierre Omidyar, Omidyar Network is a social change venture that has committed more than $1 billion to innovative for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations since 2004. Omidyar Network works to reimagine critical systems and the ideas that govern them, and to build more inclusive and equitable societies in which individuals have the social, economic, and democratic power to thrive.
To learn more, visit www.omidyar.com, and follow on Twitter @omidyarnetwork.
Omidyar Network seeks a Senior Manager (based in either Redwood City, CA or Washington, DC) to join our People Operations team to own the development and execution of our key talent management and culture processes across the organization. The right candidate will be fully aligned with the organization's values and be comfortable with ambiguity and risk taking in a highly complex organization centered on the belief that ON’s people come first. If you are energized by creating amazing employee experiences and thrive on nurturing people, we’d love to hear from you!
- Lead on a number of learning, development and cultural initiatives to build and promote an equitable, inclusive, innovative, enriching, and holistic experience for talent throughout the employee life cycle:
- Learning: Work with the Head of People Ops and the Learning and Impact team to build and implement a robust and flexible learning and growth strategy that meets the needs of our evolving organization, including manager development, coaching, mentoring, and succession planning
- Performance management: Manage and evolve our performance management and talent management frameworks to align with our values
- Employee on-boarding and off-boarding: Work with new hires and departing employees to learn and refine employee experience
- Values & Culture: Identify and implement programs to foster an open, reflective, and inclusive culture
- Partner and build positive relationships with our teams, including Recruiting and DEI, to understand evolving business priorities and needs
- Provide subject matter expertise on a consultative basis within the organization
- Serve as a key member of the People Ops team, as a partner and backfill for the Head of People Operations & Administration and People Operations generalist, as needed
Your Skills & Personality
- Five plus years of professional experience in the human resources space, with deep knowledge of performance management processes and/or learning and development frameworks
- “People person" with ability to listen, understand, and connect with employees at all levels of the organization
- Passion for Omidyar Network’s mission and approach to social change
- Deep and proven dedication to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Sense of humor is a big plus!
- High tolerance for ambiguity, ability to work with limited day-to-day guidance, structure and drive work with little direction
- High sense of personal responsibility and integrity
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
At Omidyar Network, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our fundamental belief that people are inherently capable, but they often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to have outsized positive returns on the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Omidyar Network is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.