About Omidyar Network
Established by philanthropists Pam and Pierre Omidyar, Omidyar Network is a social change venture that has committed more than $1 billion to innovative for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations since 2004. Omidyar Network works to reimagine critical systems and the ideas that govern them, and to build more inclusive and equitable societies in which individuals have the social, economic, and democratic power to thrive.
To learn more, visit www.omidyar.com, and follow on Twitter @omidyarnetwork.
Omidyar Network seeks a Director of People and Culture (based in either Redwood City, CA or Washington, DC) to oversee an employee experience that develops and retains the best talent for our firm and creates an open, reflective, and inclusive culture. This role will own the development and execution of our key talent management and culture processes across the organization, including integrating our core human resources and recruiting functions. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the Director of People and Culture will work within a small team and partner closely with other functions. The right candidate will be fully aligned with the organization's values and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. This person will be comfortable with ambiguity in a complex organization centered on the belief that ON’s people come first. If you are energized by creating amazing employee experiences and thrive on nurturing people, we’d love to hear from you!
Lead all learning, development and cultural initiatives to build and promote an equitable, inclusive, innovative, enriching, and holistic experience for talent throughout the employee life cycle
Learning: Work with the Learning and Impact team to build and implement a robust and flexible learning and growth strategy that meets the needs of our evolving organization, including manager development, coaching, mentoring, and succession planning, and new hire orientation learning
Performance management: Manage and evolve our performance management and talent management frameworks to align with our values. This includes professional development, career progression, and promotions.
Values & Culture: Identify and implement programs to foster an open, reflective, and inclusive culture.
DEI: Serve as key member and champion of the organization’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion council, shepherding key DEI initiatives as appropriate
Organizational Development: Provide subject matter expertise on organizational development (i.e. staff planning, management) on a consultative basis within the organization, both to individual managers, teams, and executive staff
Work with Director of People Operations to craft and implement equitable and fair global compensation, as well as retention and reward strategies
In partnership with the rest of the People team, develop and maintain a world-class employee experience through the full employee life cycle
Serve as a backfill for the Director of People Operations and People Operations generalist on key human resource issues
Align and integrate the functions of people ops, culture, and talent (recruiting) in support of Omidyar Network’s strategy and mission
Your Skills & Personality
- 8+ years of professional experience in the human resources or organizational development space, with deep knowledge of performance management processes and/or learning and development frameworks
- “People person" with ability to listen, understand, and connect with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong communications skills, including verbal, written, presentation, and developing internal communication strategies
- Excellent at project management, particularly with respect to organization, prioritization, and time management and ability to manage and participate in multiple projects at once
- Deep collaborator, able to design programs as well as rolling up sleeves to make it happen
- Passion for Omidyar Network’s mission and approach to social change
- Deep and proven dedication to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Sense of humor is a huge plus!
- High tolerance for ambiguity, ability to work with limited day-to-day guidance, structure and drive work with little direction
- High sense of personal responsibility and integrity
- Experience of working in a global organization preferred
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
At Omidyar Network, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our fundamental belief that people are inherently capable, but they often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to have outsized positive returns on the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Omidyar Network is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.