About Omidyar Network
Established by philanthropists Pam and Pierre Omidyar, Omidyar Network is a social change venture that has committed more than $1 billion to innovative for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations since 2004. Omidyar Network works to reimagine critical systems and the ideas that govern them, and to build more inclusive and equitable societies in which individuals have the social, economic, and democratic power to thrive.
To learn more, visit www.omidyar.com, and follow on Twitter @omidyarnetwork.
About the Strategic Communications team
We are a dynamic group of professionals who are committed to using the power of communications to advance our strategic goals. We use advocacy, storytelling, narrative change, and thought leadership to increase our impact and create the change we want to see in the world. We’re always on the lookout for new tools and innovative and dedicated problem solvers.
As a Senior Manager, Strategic Communications, you will drive understanding and awareness of ON’s mission, approach, and investment strategies. You will draw upon your knowledge and experience of strategic communications, advocacy, and policy to work with internal and external partners to craft and implement strategies that further our organizational objectives for our Beneficial Technology impact theme and link it to our overarching goals. You will also play a similar, but more limited, role with our Reimagining Capitalism and Pluralism impact themes.
Make an Impact!
- Develop strategic plans that advance programmatic goals for the Beneficial Technology team and other impact themes across a variety of platforms, including: earned media; digital strategies; owned media such as websites, collateral, and employee communications; sponsorships and speaking opportunities; and ON’s owned events and convenings
- Have a deep understanding of the policy landscape (federal, and ideally state) to implement advocacy and influence strategies
- Develop and tailor messaging that is universally understandable and resonant across a diverse set of constituencies and encourages constituencies to action
- Lead on investee amplification through blog posts and press releases, digital content, story collection and storytelling
- Utilize internal systems and build programs to increase collaboration and information sharing across the organization
- Manage vendors to help implement activities and tactics
- Execute individual executive visibility programs that build executive profiles with target audiences
Your Skills & Personality!
- A minimum of 10-12 years in strategic communications with experience including strategy, public affairs, advocacy, messaging, public relations, brand image management, and public and/or government affairs, ideally in nonprofit, agency, or political/policy environments
- Experience seeding and moving narratives and telling stories that demonstrate impact
- Innovative problem solver with success using traditional and new media to advance communications objectives
- Outstanding writing, editing, and public speaking skills
- Understanding of technology and economic issues, domestically and globally
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex topics, including economic and technology issues, and spot opportunities and trends
- Proven track record with media
- Digital media capabilities and understanding of various platforms
- Dedication to ON’s core values, mission, and programs
- Positive energy, a proactive, nimble and agile personality, and ability to work in a constantly evolving context
At Omidyar Network, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our fundamental belief that people are inherently capable, but they often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to have outsized positive returns on the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Omidyar Network is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.