Start Date: Flexible. Ideally on or before September 30, 2018
Position type: Pessoa jurídica Contract
Term: Full time, minimum 1 year commitment
Omidyar Network is a philanthropic investment firm dedicated to harnessing the power of markets to create opportunity for people to improve their lives. Established in 2004 by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar and his wife Pam, the organization invests in and helps scale innovative organizations to catalyze economic and social change. Omidyar Network supports for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations that foster economic advancement and encourage individual participation across multiple initiatives, including Digital Identity, Education, Emerging Tech, Financial Inclusion, Governance & Citizen Engagement, Impact Investing, Property Rights and Tech and Society Solutions Lab.
Lemann Foundation: a non-profit family organization founded in 2002 by Jorge Paulo Lemann, works to ensure that all Brazilian children have high quality public education and to create a network of talented people dedicated to solving the main Brazilian social problems. To achieve this goal, Lemann Foundation develops programs that impact millions of public school students throughout Brazil and supports institutions of excellence that work for a fairer and more developed country.
Omidyar Network & Lemann Foundation are looking for an experienced business consultant to play a key leadership role in the partnership between Omidyar Network and Lemann Foundation ("The Alliance").
The Alliance Manager would be mainly responsible for:
- Pipeline Management. Cultivating and managing a pipeline of investment opportunities aligned to the scope of the partnership and both organizations’ missions
- Portfolio Management & Support. Providing strategic and operational support to projects in the Alliance portfolio in collaboration with both Omiydar Network & Lemann Foundation teams. Reporting on progress, highlighting key accomplishments and key risks of the projects to partner organizations.
- Investment Process. Strengthening the design and execution of the Alliance’s investment process, including but not limited to review of templates for analysis of investment opportunities, planning & execution of Alliance investment committees, and documentation of investment decisions -- and understanding how the Alliance’s processes & procedures fit within each partner organization’s existing investment practices
- Liaise with Lemann Foundation and Omidyar’s employees and network within the education sector to ensure the Alliance has access to the collective knowledge, experience, and network of both organizations
- Participate at on-site and remote weekly/monthly meetings with Lemann Foundation and Omidyar Network’s team
- 5 or more years of professional experience required, with experience in management consulting, finance or philanthropy highly preferred
- Experience in education, technology, or entrepreneurship preferred
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to speak English and Portuguese required
- Creative and independent self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit, and strong team player
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability
Omidyar Network firmly believes that diversity and inclusion makes us more successful in our work, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.