Our Financial Inclusion team at Omidyar Network (www.omidyar.com) pursues venture investments in innovative technologies that promote financial health and inclusion globally. We believe that when people can save, send and receive money safely, and have access to affordable credit and insurance services, they are better positioned to protect themselves from economic shocks, build assets, and invest in a better future. We leverage our capital principally through venture investments to scale innovative solutions. To expand our understanding and positively influence the global financial services ecosystem, we selectively deploy grant dollars. Our portfolio includes companies working across several geographies and subsectors. Recent activity includes investments in companies such Chime, Kin, United Income, eCM and Propel and policy or research grants for ecosystem development such as Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI) and FinRegLab, the first of its kind industry-led regulatory sandbox in the US.
POSITION SUMMARY: The position will report to Emmalyn Shaw based out of Redwood City. This candidate will a critical team member, provide support to two partners as well as general support to the broader team. This position is perfect for someone who is detail-oriented, derives happiness from a well-organized calendar, and who enjoys being part of a global team and coordinating with colleagues all over the world.
- For the global team, organize team related activities including:
- Team retreats
- Global calls
- Investment Committee (“IC”) calendar management: Coordinate and schedule all investment committee meetings.
- Organize files including uploading / saving documents onto the firm's file system
- For the two partners, support with general administrative tasks, including:
- Scheduling internal and external meetings
- Scheduling and manage all aspects of domestic and international travel
- Preparing monthly expense reports
- Collaborate with other staff members as needed, including but not limited to, project coordination and documentation
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-10+ years of administrative experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, resourcefulness, sound judgment, and the ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment with employees of all levels and in all departments
- Comfortable working with Mac OS, Microsoft Office, and new technology (e.g. video / phone conferencing systems)
- Must be strong at multi-tasking, prioritizing, and have demonstrated expertise in working on projects of wide scope
- Must possess high degree of flexibility and adaptability required or indicative of a startup, entrepreneurial or changing work environment
- Must be a creative and independent self-starter, while being a strong team player
- Desire to create positive social impact
The above reflects the essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Omidyar Network firmly believes that diversity and inclusion makes us more successful in our work, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.