WE'RE HERE TO BRING DELIGHT TO THE WORLD OF NUTRITION
OLLY is a fast-growing company working to bring simplicity and delight to the world of nutrition. Yes, stuff like vitamins and probiotics. We see only upside in the opportunity to transform the category experience. Not only that, we believe you can't have happy without healthy. And isn't true happiness where it's at? So we've made it our personal mission to help people make healthy choices by making it easier than ever for them to get better nutrition into their daily lives. We're super passionate about the work that we do and we're on the hunt for a fellow self-starter to join our ambitious bunch.
We hope you'll indulge us as we toot our own horn a little. We currently have over 40 products sold nationwide at retailers including Target, CVS, Safeway, Whole Foods, Walmart and many more. We got off to a fast start and have already been recognized as a successful, transformational brand in both the supplement and nutrition categories. As you can imagine we need more rock stars to help us continue the pace as we have high hopes for our future.
OK, one last tidbit or two - in 2019 we joined our friends over at Unilever to help us grow OLLY into a global brand. We are also a B-Corp, so doing social good is built into our DNA and we're headquartered in the heart of San Francisco with a culture that reflects the friendly, optimistic and health-minded values of the brand. Our goal is to build a uniquely special company and brand that will make us all proud!
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU
You are welcome at OLLY for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what healthy means to you. Our products are for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and shine. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find our inspiration to help people be happy from the inside out.
THE ROLE: PR & INFLUENCER MANAGER
Our PR & Influencer Manager will manage all aspects of PR & Influencer (celeb, mid-tier, micro) for OLLY. Reporting to our Marketing Communication Director, this position will serve as a key member of the Marketing Team and require strong subject matter expertise in PR (pitching, thought leadership, experiential events, etc) and influencer functions and the ability to collaborate closely with cross-functional team members to enable integrated campaigns that deliver buzz, engagement and ultimately visible business impact. This role will also serve as an OLLY spokesperson for external media opportunities and inquiries (corporate and consumer) and provide as needed support with crisis management.
- Drive all disciplines of PR and influencer marketing, including consumer and corporate communications, celebrity partnerships, and mid-tier, micro influencer marketing
- Partner cross-functionally with the Integrated Marketing team to develop cohesive, differentiated and buzzworthy marketing campaigns
- Drive company, product and campaign press efforts to ensure frequent, quality coverage of our products and brand
- Lead PR and Influencer agencies in the development, execution and reporting of disruptive campaigns
- Identify relevant cultural moments that inform the marketing content strategy, staying on top of news/trends and making regular recommendations for how OLLY can participate in cultural conversations
- Develop and execute buzzworthy, affinity-building and measurable events and experiences partnering with agencies, cross-functional marketing team members and our creative team
- Own PR and Influencer measurement and reporting, surfacing frequent meaningful insights and clear actions and recommendations based on data
- Lead external thought leadership strategy, including identifying relevant platforms/events and prepping internal subject matter experts to engage across platforms
- Develop and manage an annual budget for PR & Influencer, leveraging marketing mix model learnings to optimize performance throughout the year
The ideal candidate will have hand-on experience managing PR, Influencer and Communications, for fast-growing brands with a track record of driving material impact for the business. They are deeply immersed in consumer and business trends and able to translate that into meaningful action for the brand. Possessing a mix of creativity and imagination alongside a data-driven mindset, this person is full of ideas and constantly using data to inform priorities and make recommendations. They can connect the dots within PR and Influencer AND across other functions (e.g. ecomm, paid media etc) and collaborate naturally with others.
CAPABILITIES + SKILLS REQUIRED
- 5-7 years of Communications experience with PR, Influencer, Celeb, Events, Social and Media Relations
- Deep understanding of media and how to generate frequent, quality and diverse coverage
- A passion for consumer culture/trends and ability to translate them into opportunities for the brand
- Ability to flex between big-picture thinking/strategy and executional details
- Experience at or managing agency partners, developing strong relationships with accountability and visible results
- Problem solver by nature, able to navigate challenges independently
- An entrepreneurial spirit and innovative sensibility
- Ability to story tell both externally with Media and internally with key stakeholders
- A data-driven mindset with the ability to surface key insights and demonstrate meaningful business impact
- A true “Team Player” who thrives in fast-pace, collaborative environments and appreciates multiple points of view
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA relocation support will be provided for out-of-area candidates. (Hybrid - 1 day in office (Tuesdays) / 4 days WFH)
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
MANAGER: Marketing Communications Director
PLEASE NOTE:. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. For all OLLY positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.