OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer here at OJO Labs you will be part of a talented engineering team to build a compelling digital experience that engage with consumers who are in the process of making important purchasing decisions. Write code, write a lot of code, write better code while you are at it and participate in building a strong culture that values learning and collaboration.
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of hands on development experience
- Experience in Java or other Object Oriented languages
- Strong communication skills
- An appetite to learn the craft of software development
- Proven interests in OJO and attention for details.
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL
- Computer Science or other technical degree (or equivalent job experience)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience building maintainable systems supported by automated tests
- Experience with Kotlin, Python, Spring, Postgres and/or message brokers
What do we have to offer?
- You get to work with the best of the best
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Competitive Salaries
- Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
- Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
- Optimum Workspace Subsidy
- 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home indefinitely. As safety allows, offices will open and employees will have the option of accessing them to work. We will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively, while adhering to safety precautions provided by medical leadership.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.